Staff Specialist, EMS/Fire Science
Welcome to Human Resources
Why work at Aims?
Benefits? Check. Tuition reimbursement? Check. A ton of annual and sick leave? We have that too.
Take a look. We think you'll like what you see.
- Employee only options monthly premiums for medical and dental fully funded by the college.
Medical premium: $650
Dental premium: $36.72
- Employee + family option premiums are funded at 84% by the college, 16% by the employee
Medical expense for employee: $253.50
Keep the tuition money in your pocket!
- Tuition Waiver for Aims employees taking credit classes at Aims.
- Enroll in Aims courses without having to pay up-front.
For you and your dependents.
- Tuition reimbursement (after one year of service) for dependents taking Aims classes, and/or Aims employees taking classes at another accredited institution ($4,000 total between 3 & 4).
Annual and Sick Leave
More time off to spend doing what you've had a hankering to do.
- Staff leave: Staff receive 13 paid holidays, 24 hours of personal leave, and 12 days of sick leave per year. Annual leave amounts depend on years employed at Aims.
- Faculty leave: Faculty receive 16 hours of personal leave and 12 days of sick leave per year.
- Coming soon: an increase in the maximum number of hours for “other paid leave”/year (parental, volunteer, wellness leave coming soon).
Work Hours & Flexibility
Extra time in the summer to get out and see the sun!
- Full-time Faculty work 166 days per Academic year, which equates to 1328 hours (based on an 8 hour day).
- Full-time Faculty get summers off, with the potential for summer work if there is a need.
- Full-time Staff and Administrators get to work 4 x 9 hour days in the summer with every Friday off from the end of May to the beginning of August.