COLLISION & UPHOLSTERY ADVISING
Meet Our People
Automotive Service Technology Faculty:
He holds an A.A.S. degree in automotive technology from the Denver Institute of Technology as well as several certifications, including:
- ASE Certified Master Automotive Technician
- Nissan Master Certified Technician
- Certified Honda Technician
- Certified Toyota Technician
- Snap-On Certified Train the Trainer in all diagnostic platforms
- Secondary and Post Secondary CTE credential
He also holds several certifications and awards, including:
- Certificate, Air Conditioning Recycling and Recovery, 1996
- Certificate, General Motors Heavy Line Technician, 1995
- Certificate, Isuzu General Line Technician, 1991
- Certificate, Colorado Emissions Inspector, 1990
- Certificate, General Automotive Technician, Aims Community College, 1988
- Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers, 2002 and 2010
- CATS Service Award, 10 years of teaching automotive service in Colorado, 2006
- Favorite Faculty Student Award, 2006
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Master Technician, 1992 – present
Director, Auto & Tech Center
Fred holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Management and has over 30 years of management and leadership experience operating multi-location businesses, million dollar automotive dealership groups, and non-profit community based organizations.
Fred is also a Management and Leadership Consultant to independent businesses, owners, operators, leaders, managers and individuals. He has also served as a consultant to the Ford Motor Company, Ford Motor Credit, Snap-On Tools, Gates Corporation and a multitude of other organizations. His quest is to make the Aims automotive programs “Simply the Best”!
Instructor, Automotive Collision Repair
Masters of Education Degree in Career and Technology Education
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Industrial Arts
First Degree Black Belt in Kenpo Karate
Mike also holds several certifications, including:
- ASE Certified Structural Repair
- ASE Certified Non-structural Repair
- ASE Certified Refinishing
- PPG Certified Waterborne Paint
- EPA ASR Certification
Instructor, Auto Collision Rep
- Colorado State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Credential for Career and Technical Education – Transportation Maintenance and Sales
- Automotive Collision Repair Technology, Structural Technology Certificate / Automotive Collision Repair Technology, Nonstructural Technology, Aims Community College
- Automotive Collision Repair Technology, Auto Body Repair Certificate, Aims Community College
- Automotive Collision Repair Technology, Auto Body Refinishing Certificate, Aims Community College
- Painting and Refinishing – Nonstructural Analysis and Damage Repair, Structural Analysis and Damage Repair, A.S.E.
- EHP/CWC Waterborne Technologies Certified Deltron Paint System Certification 21 Certified, PPG
- National Area Source Rule 40CFR Part63 Subpart 6H Certified, E.P.A.
A strong advocate of hands on, inquiry based learning, he assists with involving the students in a variety of problem solving and technology inspired activities that provide them with real world experience as an Automotive Service Advisor. His background and interests focus on automotive and engine performance, in race application, and his current projects include advising Aims Full Throttle Club members along with promoting student involvement in Skills USA.
Instructor, Auto Service Technology
Brian teaches automotive and light diesel classes.
Scott "Rick" Speer
(970) 330-8008 x3307
Loveland, CO 80537
Background: I graduated from the University of Northern Colorado in 2008 with a Master’s Degree in Clinical Counseling with an emphasis in Couples and Family Therapy. Before joining Aims, I had a private counseling practice serving couples, families and children in play therapy. I have also worked in K-12 education for five years. Prior to that, I earned two Bachelor’s degrees, one in Medical Technology and one in Microbiology, and I worked as a Medical Technologist and Microbiologist for 7 years.
Area of Specialty: I am an Admissions and Academic Advisor on the Loveland Campus. I look forward to meeting you!
Advising Philosophy: My advising philosophy is to partner with and empower students as they navigate their way toward their academic and career goals. I am committed to listening to the students, and providing support, information and tools the students need in order to take ownership of their journey and make informed choices.