Early Childhood Education
General Services 163C
Frequently Asked Questions for: Early Childhood Education
- Does Aims offer on line ECE courses?
- What are some of the jobs people might hold with training in early childhood?
- I want to be a licensed to provide child care in my home. Is this the training I need?
- Later on I plan to be an elementary school teacher. Will my education with you transfer to a 4-year institution?
- My director wants me to be qualified to fill in for her when she is away form the Center. What do I need to accomplish this?
- I work as a teacher's aide/assistant now, but I would like to move up to be a teacher in the classroom. What do I need to do?
- I took some classes at another college. Will any of those credits transfer here?
- Do you offer the Expanding Quality in Infant Toddler Care training?
- Do you have scholarships available?
- May I take early childhood courses without meeting Aims assessment requirements?
Does Aims offer on line ECE courses?Yes, Aims offers many of their Early Childhood courses online as well as face to face each semester. Check the Aims class schedule for current course offerings
What are some of the jobs people might hold with training in early childhood?
- Child Care Center Director
- Preschool Teacher
- Curriculum Specialist
- Group Leader
- Preschool Aide
- Instructional Assistant
- Family Advocate
- Foster Parent
- Assistant Teacher
- Family Child Care Provider
- Parent Trainer
I want to be a licensed to provide child care in my home. Is this the training I need?We recommend you call United Way of Weld County 970.353.4300. They can provide the information you need for becoming a licensed family child care provider. Our ECE classes can enhance that training and serve as continuing education for you. The training for a specialized family child care home license for caring for three infants under the age of two is ECE 111 Infant and Toddler Theory and Practices.
Later on I plan to be an elementary school teacher. Will my education with you transfer to a 4-year institution?Our Associate of Applied Science (AAS) is a career degree, rather than a transfer degree and is not designed to transfer to a four-year institution. AAS Advising Worksheet In our program, you receive two years of specialized training that focuses on early childhood care and development along with a few general education courses. The Early Childhood Education Statewide Articulation Agreement (Associate of Arts Degree- AA) includes courses that transfer to the University of Northern Colorado (UNC) and other Colorado Universities. AA Advising Worksheet
My director wants me to be qualified to fill in for her when she is away form the Center. What do I need to accomplish this?You need to be Director qualified according to the Colorado Department of Human Services, Office of Child Care. The requirements include the courses listed in our Director Certificate plus 1960 hours of verifiable experience working with young children.