See the contact page
for information on who
to contact for each
Fire Science area
More CPAT Information
- CPAT Orientation Sessions
- CPAT Timed Practice Sessions
- CPAT Mentor Class
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- Applicants must show a government issued photo identification (i.e. driver's license, government or military ID, passport, or visa). Candidates without a photo ID will not be allowed to take the CPAT and will forfeit their test fee.
- $100 - includes two Orientation sessions and the Official Test
- $15 - per Practice desired, a minimum of two will be offered per process
- Fees must be paid when you schedule your CPAT event to secure your appointment
- Most major credit cards accepted – No cash or checks
- All fees are non-refundable
- We will not reschedule any dates if the candidate fails to attend Failure to attend you scheduled time for the CPAT Practices and/or Official Test will result in a forfeiture of those respective fees
Successful candidates will be issued a certificate of completion valid for one year.
The CPAT orientation sessions will provide candidates with the following:
- A copy of the CPAT Candidate Preparation and Orientation Guide
- An opportunity to view the CPAT orientation video
- A peer fitness trainer will be available to give an overview of the CPAT test and familiarization with each task and apparatus and advise all candidates concerning specific conditioning regimens and techniques to help them prepare for the CPAT.
- Candidates will have the opportunity to observe each of the eight events demonstrated by a CPAT instructor and attempt each event.
Candidates are highly encouraged to attend both orientation sessions. However, if a candidate elects not to participate in one or both of the orientation sessions, the candidate must sign a waiver that acknowledges that they are voluntarily and knowingly waiving their right to participate.
Two (2) timed practice sessions will be offered within 30 days of the official CPAT test. The timed practice runs will provide the candidate with the following:
- Another opportunity to view the CPAT orientation video.
- A timed practice run that will allow the candidate to evaluate their level of preparedness.
- Advice from CPAT instructors/proctors on how the candidate can improve their performance and conditioning.
Candidates are highly encouraged to attend both timed practice sessions. However, if a candidate elects not to participate in one or both of the practice sessions, the candidate must sign a waiver that acknowledges that they are voluntarily and knowingly waiving their right to participate.
The mentor class will be offered a minimum of once per month and will provide candidates with the following:
- 2 CPAT Influenced workouts
- Lectures on proper fitness practices as well as nutrition to get you ready for test day
- An additional practice run on the Aims CC CPAT course
- 1 on 1 mentoring from Proctors, PFTs, CrossFit instructors, and active-duty Firefighters
- Classes will last about 4 hours
Candidates who are new to the CPAT are encouraged to attend a mentor class prior to their official CPAT test. Mentor classes are completely optional and are not a part of the official CPAT process.
All the orientation, timed practice runs, and tests will be held at the Aims Community College, Greeley Campus located at 5401 West 20th Street. The test is held in an indoor facility in the Public Safety Institute. Please report to the east entrance for all dates of the process.