See the contact page
for information on who
to contact for each
Fire Science area
Program and Course Outcomes
- Graduates will be able to explain and demonstrate fire inspection
practices as they relate to:
- Fixed Fire Protection Systems
- Building Plans & Construction
- Fire Codes
- Graduates will successfully demonstrate communications skills necessary
to competitively compete in oral board assessments.
- Graduates will be able to manage an emergency incident using appropriate
strategies and tactics while adhering to applicable safety standards.
- Graduates will demonstrate a working knowledge of fire apparatus
maintenance, fire pump operations, and mobile water supply.
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to conduct a basic fire
- Graduates will understand and be able to explain the company officer's
role in the fire service.
- Graduates will understand and be able to explain key legal aspects
of the emergency services and how they play a role in the career
of a firefighter.
- Graduates will demonstrate critical thinking skills, comparison of key concepts covered in the curriculum, integration of the course objectives and outcomes in the degree curriculum along with expression of communication skills.
- FST 102 - Principles/Emergency Services
- FST 103 - Fire Behavior and Combustion
- FST 105 - Building Construction for Fire Protection
- FST 106 - Fire Prevention
- FST 109 - FST Occupational Safety & Health for Fire
- FST 202 - Strategy & Tactics
- FST 203 - Fire Hydraulics and Water Supply
- FST 204 - Principles of Code Enforcement
- FST 205 - Fire Investigation I
- FST 209 - Fire Protection Systems
- FST 251 - Legal Aspects of Fire Science
- FST 255 - Fire Service Management