Student Learning/Educational Outcomes
Upon graduation with an Associate of Applied Sciences degree with a Nursing major, the graduate will demonstrate the following competencies and be eligible to apply to take the NCLEX-RN.
- Provide safe, quality, evidence-based, patient-centered care in a variety of healthcare settings to diverse patient populations.
- Engage in critical thinking and clinical reasoning to make patient-centered care decisions.
- Implement quality measures to improve patient care.
- Participate in collaborative relationships with members of the interdisciplinary team, the patient, and the patient’s support persons.
- Use information management principles, techniques, and systems, and the patient care technology to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate error, and support decision-making.
- Provide leadership in a variety of healthcare settings for diverse patient populations.
- Assimilate professional, legal, and ethical guidelines in practice as a professional nurse.
- Promote a culture of caring to provide holistic, compassionate, culturally-competent care.