Transfer of Academic Credit
Transfer students must comply with the Standards for Admission to the Nursing Program.
Transfer of Non-Nursing Credits:
- BIO 201, BIO 202, BIO 204, and MAT 135 (or acceptable substitutes) must be no greater
than seven years old at the time the applicant enters the Nursing program.
- Applicants to the Nursing program should be aware that should they decide to pursue
a BSN at a university, additional coursework may be required.
- All transfer credits must be from a regionally accredited institution.
- PSY 235 and BIO 204 must be completed with a grade of “C” or better before a student
may progress to the second semester of the Nursing program.
- PSY 235 and HPR 108 (or an acceptable substitute) must be no greater than seven years
old at the time the applicant enters the Nursing program, unless the student has taken
those courses as part of an earned AA/AS/AAS/AGS/BA/BS degree from a regionally accredited
- ENG 121 or an equivalent course that is older than 10 years and was taken at another
college/university other than Aims Community College may not be eligible for transfer
credit unless the student has earned an AA/AS/AAS/BA/BS degree or taken the Accuplacer
Sentence Skills test and received a score of 110 or higher.
- Nursing courses must receive approval by the Director of Nursing Education Programs
and the Nursing Education Admissions Committee before being transferred in to Aims.
- All state and college policies regarding transfer of credit as outlined in the College
Catalog also apply.