Students may register for Nurse Aide courses at orientation only. Please complete
the following steps before attending orientation:
- Apply to Aims Community College. Applications can be found at www.aims.edu. You must submit a completed application if you have never attended Aims or have
been absent for more than a year.
- You must meet the reading assessment requirement by providing documentation of one
of the following:
- A score of 17 or higher on the Reading section of the ACT (less than 3 years).
- A score of 430 or higher on the Critical Reading section of the SAT (less than 3 years).
- Successful completion of a college level writing/English course with a C or higher
that is less than 10 years old from a regionally accredited institution.
- A score of 62 or higher on the Reading section of the Accuplacer placement exam.
For further information on the reading assessment requirement or Accuplacer exam,
contact the Testing Center or visit the testing center.
- Finally, attend a required orientation. There is no need to register for orientation,
but seating is limited so please plan to arrive early. Late arrivals will not be admitted.
Advisors will explain the requirements for the Nurse Aide program (immunizations,
background checks, etc.), which must be completed prior to the first day of classes.
At the end of orientation advisors will assist students in registering for Nurse Aide
- If you are under the age of 18, a parent and/or legal guardian must be present at
orientation to sign legal documents. If a parent and/or legal guardian is not present,
you will not be able to register for Nurse Aide classes.
Greeley campus orientations are offered at 9 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., College Center building, room 226.
Registration for the orientation is not necessary, but seating is limited. Please
- November 14th, 2016: First orientation to register for available Spring 2017 Nurse Aide courses.
- December 5th, 2016
- January 9th, 2017
- February 6th, 2017
- March 6th, 2017: Last orientation to register for available Spring 2017 Nurse Aide courses.
- April 17th, 2017: First orientation to register for available Summer and/or Fall 2017 Nurse Aide courses.
Fort Lupton campus
Fort Lupton orientations are offered at 8:30 a.m. only; meet in the Prairie building,
- November 14, 2016: First orientation to register for available Summer and Fall 2017 Nurse Aide courses.
- December 5, 2016
- January 9, 2017
- February 6, 2017
- March 6, 2017: Last orientation to register for available Spring 2017 Nurse Aide courses.
- April 17, 2017: First orientation to register for available Summer and/or Fall 2017 Nurse Aide courses.
Loveland campus no longer offers Nurse Aide Orientations or classes.
Don’t see the program you’re looking for? Check out our EMS department for more health-related programs.