Allied Health Building
Rad Tech Program Goals & Objectives
- Students will be taught and made aware of the importance of proper communication
- Students will be taught how to develop critical thinking skills through
correlation of didactic and clinical criteria.
- Professionalism and ethics will be emphasized in all aspects of students'
- Students will be taught radiography and patient care skills that will
allow them to practice competently.
- Provide the radiography industry with qualified graduates who can
meet the qualifications of entry level positions.
- Maintain equal opportunity admissions procedures.
- Maintain objective and comprehensive advising procedures to adequately
prepare students with skills necessary to be successful in the program.
- Maintain prerequisite procedures that provide students with skills
needed for early proficient academic and clinical performances.
- Maintain curriculum based on Aims Community College's philosophy and
goals as stated in the most current catalog.
- Maintain procedures for evaluating intellectual, physical, and social
competencies at levels consistent with the standards of ASRT, ARRT, CCCS,
CCHE, NCA and Aims Community College.
- Maintain procedures for student remediation.
- Maintain procedures for student retention.
- Maintain procedures for employment placement consistent with ASRT,
ARRT, CCCS, CCHE, NCA and Aims Community College.
- Maintain educational standards that meet the technology and appeal
of the current market.
- Maintain procedures for course and program improvement.
- Maintain faculty hiring practices consistent with CCCS, CCHE, and
- Faculty will maintain current credentials in good standing with the
AART and fulfill the minimum requirements for continuing education
established by the AART and Aims Community College.
- Maintain regular program orientation/advising sessions.
- Maintain participation with GEMS and other programs promoting the
field of medical imaging and the program.
- Incorporate learning-centered curriculum in the classroom.