Rad Tech Program Goals & Objectives
- Students will be taught and made aware of the importance of proper communication skills.
- Students will be taught how to develop critical thinking skills through correlation
of didactic and clinical criteria.
- Professionalism and ethics will be emphasized in all aspects of students' education.
- Students will be taught radiography and patient care skills that will allow them to
- Provide the radiography industry with qualified graduates who can meet the qualifications
of entry level positions.
- Maintain equal opportunity admissions procedures.
- Maintain objective and comprehensive advising procedures to adequately prepare students
with skills necessary to be successful in the program.
- Maintain prerequisite procedures that provide students with skills needed for early
proficient academic and clinical performances.
- Maintain curriculum based on Aims Community College's philosophy and goals as stated
in the most current catalog.
- Maintain procedures for evaluating intellectual, physical, and social competencies
at levels consistent with the standards of ASRT, ARRT, CCCS, CCHE, NCA and Aims Community
- Maintain procedures for student remediation.
- Maintain procedures for student retention.
- Maintain procedures for employment placement consistent with ASRT, ARRT, CCCS, CCHE,
NCA and Aims Community College.
- Maintain educational standards that meet the technology and appeal of the current
- Maintain procedures for course and program improvement.
- Maintain faculty hiring practices consistent with CCCS, CCHE, and NCA requirements.
- Faculty will maintain current credentials in good standing with the AART and fulfill
the minimum requirements for continuing education established by the AART and Aims
- Maintain regular program orientation/advising sessions.
- Maintain participation with GEMS and other programs promoting the field of medical
imaging and the program.
- Incorporate learning-centered curriculum in the classroom.