Dr. Vicky Bollenbacher
The Aims Honors Program is open to any strongly committed student, regardless of prior honors experience. Students who graduate from honors programs typically enjoy improved access to scholarships and university honors programs, as well as attractive employment opportunities.
Honors Program Mission Statement
The Aims Honors Program mission is to provide challenges for and reward students by encouraging them to engage in rigorous courses, leadership experiences, and community involvement.
Aims Honors Program students will find:
Requirements for graduation from the Aims Honors Program include:
- Minimum of 3 Honors courses
- Minimum of 3 Honors leadership experiences
- Completion of a capstone project
- Maintain a 3.25 GPA for Honors courses
Recognition for completing the Aims Honors Program includes:
- Recognition at Graduation
- Transcript Notation of Honors Program Completion
- Recognition on Diploma
- Automatic Acceptance in UNC’s Honors Program (upon acceptance to the university)
- Honors Transfer Agreements with Selected Colleges and Universities
Who can enroll in Honors courses?
You don’t have to be enrolled in the Honors Program to take an Honors course. Some students who thrive in a particular subject topic, history, for example, may wish to take only the History Honors course. These students may enroll in selected courses on a space-available basis.