A gift through your bequest provides now for a future gift to Aims. This type of deferred gift provides you and your family with several benefits:
- Your assets remain in your control during your lifetime.
- You can modify your bequest if your circumstances change.
- You can direct your bequest to a particular scholarship or program.
- There is no upper limit on the estate tax deductions that can be taken for charitable bequests.
For your convenience, please see the sample bequest language.
Tax I.D. Number
Charitable Gift Annuities are a nice option for donors over the age of 55 who want to make a lasting contribution while they also receive a guaranteed rate of return.
The scholarship support that is available through a Charitable Gift Annuity begins after the donor's lifetime. Until then, the income from the gift is available for personal use. Many donors say that the reason they choose this deferred gift, is because it offers a rate of return that is hard to find anywhere else. Not only that, the return is guaranteed, regardless of economic fluctuations and it offers a tremendous tax benefit. This giving option offers the security of guaranteed fixed-income now, while providing future support to Aims students for generations to come.
This is accomplished with a Charitable Gift Annuity and the details are as follows:
- The rate of payment depends on several factors, but it must be at least 5 percent
- You receive an immediate tax deduction at the time of the gift
- Estate taxes are reduced
- A portion of the income is tax-free
If you are interested in a Charitable Gift Annuity, please call the Foundation at (970) 339-6583. We can provide you with examples for your consideration.
Occasionally, a donor is interested in an immediate charitable gift deduction of their personal residence but they are not ready to leave their home. In this case, a donor may transfer their personal residence, vacation home or farm to Aims. Their obligation includes upkeep. In return, the donor can continue to live on the property and qualify for a partial gift deduction. Aims liquidates the property following a term of years. Once sold, the property will fund scholarships or programs as designated by the donor.
If you are interested in learning more about a Retained Life Estate,
please call the Foundation at