Find an Article: Electronic Databases for Articles
- One of Aims' main databases for student use
- Magazine, periodical, journal and newspaper articles, in both full-text and citation format.
- Biographies, primary sources, timelines, images, maps & charts covering more than 500 years of U.S. History
- Biographies, primary sources, timeline, images, maps & charts dealing with pre-history through the Middle Ages (1500's).
- Covers ancient Egypt, Mesopotamia, Greece, Rome, ancient and medieval Africa, medieval Europe, the Americas, and ancient and medieval Asia.
- Do-it-yourself information for repairing & maintaining your car.
- Covers over 37,000 vehicles from 1945 on.
AWS Academic Access | *Special instructions may apply. See description for more information.
This library offering contains all AWS electronic standards, specifications, methods and guidelines. *Not available off-campus.
- Business research database includes full-text articles, market research reports, industry reports, country reports, company profiles & SWOT analyses.
- Reviews of children’s books, videos, etc., ranging from the earliest baby books to materials for young adults. Contains bibliographies, reading lists, & lesson plans.
- Comprehensive source of news, information, & jobs for college & university faculty members & administrators.
- Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature
- Nursing research database includes articles on nursing, biomedicine, health sciences, librarianship, alternative complementary medicine, consumer health and 17 allied health disciplines.
- Comprehensive collection of college catalogs & course data.
- Cover-to-cover college catalogs & course descriptions.
- Profiles for each institution include maps, web site links, accreditation data, calendar/unit types & transcript keys.
- Contains full-text articles from more than 250 reference books dealing with health issues.
- In-depth, non-biased reports on a variety of political and social issues by topic or by date.
- Great source for selecting a research topic.
- Archived reports from 1923 – present.
- Aims' main collection of full-text online books
- Online access to the electronic version of more than 115,000 full-text books.
EBSCOHost | Off-Campus
Magazine, periodical, journal and newspaper articles, in both full-text and citation format. Also full-text searchable electronic books. (Formerly Net Library)
- Academic Search Premier
- Auto Repair Reference Center
- Business Source Premier
- CINAH Plus with Full Text
- Consumer Health Complete
- eBook Collection
- Encyclopedia of Animals
- Funk & Wagnall’s New World Encyclopedia
- History Reference Center
- Legal Information Reference Center
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts
- MasterFILE Premier
- MAS Ultra
- Middle Search Plus
- Newspaper Source
- Primary Search
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection
- Regional Business News
- Science Reference Center
- Small Engine Repair Reference Center
- Online complete encyclopedia.
- Articles with links to recommended Websites.
- Includes dictionary and atlas.
- Articles dealing with historical, philosophical and theoretical aspects of education.
- Articles in the fields of philosophy and religion.
- Encompassing philosophy from antiquity to the present age.
- In-depth historical and cross-cultural articles pertaining to the study of religion.
- Information on newly emerging areas of interest.
- Contains 25,000 short encyclopedic articles on almost every major subject.
Gale Encyclopedia of Science | Off-Campus
This 5th edition covers all major areas of science, engineering, technology, mathematics and the medical and health sciences. Provides a comprehensive overview of current scientific knowledge and technology.
- Encyclopedia of Education
- Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Encyclopedia of Religion
- Gale Encyclopedia of Science
- Geographical, cultural, economic, travel and political information about every nation.
- A variety of maps for every country.
- Research database focusing on the relationship between human beings & the environment.
- Comprised of scholarly & general interest titles, government documents & reports
- Contains the full text of articles from over 200 historical periodicals.
- Has over 80,000 biographical articles.
- Contains over 100,000 primary sources, including historical documents, maps, videos &photos.
- American History Online
- Ancient and Medieval History Online
- Issues and Controversies
- Source of up-to-date, in-depth & objective information on most highly debated current issues including World Almanac.
- Each topic combines factual analysis with clear explanations of opposing points of view, related chronologies, illustrations, maps, tables, bibliographies, contact information & links.
- Provides how-to instructions regarding legal issues from over 250 full-text publications.
- Contains thousands of state legal forms.
- Newspaper and periodical articles, laws, court decisions, and statistical data.
- Full-text documents from news, business, legal, medical, and reference publications.
- Indexes more than 560 core journals, plus books, research reports and proceedings dealing with the subject of librarianship.
- Online courses with lessons on over 60 languages, including Spanish, French, German, Arabic, Chinese, & Japanese. Instruction also n Classical &Koine Greek, Latin, & Biblical Hebrew.
- Instruction is visual and also features audio.
- Lessons in English for second-language learners.
- Full-text popular & scholarly magazines, biographies, primary source documents, reference books & an image collection.
- Of special interest to high school students.
- Full-text articles covering general reference, business, health, education, general science & multicultural issues.
- Full text reference books, primary source documents & an extensive image collection.
- Geared to public libraries.
- Full-text articles from popular middle school magazines.
- Access to Essential Documents in American History, American Heritage Dictionary, Encyclopedia of Animals.
- Includes more than 100,000 biographies & 55,000 primary documents.
- Aims' main collection of newspaper articles.
- Full-text articles from newspapers, business journals, historical & scholarly documents.
- Several local Colorado newspapers are indexed.
- Includes a collection of maps, State Educational Standards & tools for scholarly research.
- Full-text for selected regional, national & international newspapers.
- Provides information &reviews of 155,000 fiction books for all ages.
- Includes author read-alikes, book discussion guides, reading lists & more.
- Online full-text dictionary.
- Includes the meaning, history, & pronunciation of over half million words.
- Contains full text for more than 80 popular elementary school magazines.
- Extensive images of maps, flags and photos.
- One of Aims' main databases for student use.
- Magazine, periodical, journal & newspaper articles, in both full-text & citation format.
- Healthcare information covering nursing, allied health, alternative & complementary medicine in full-text & citation format.
- Contains full-text articles from over 560 journals in the areas of psychology &the behavioral sciences.
- Comprehensive full text for regional US & Canadian business publications with daily updates.
- Provides full-text articles from over 190 science periodicals.
- Includes animations, videos, & images to enhance one’s understanding of the sciences.
- Includes full texts of 470 reference books on small engine repair.
- Search by product type, brand, model/engine type, specific area of model/engine type, and model numbers
- Current events database; social, political & economic issues.
- Sources include periodicals, biographies, public opinion polls, book reviews, pamphlets, & government information.
WorldCat | *Special instructions may apply. See description for more information.
WorldCat connects you to the collections and services of more than 10,000 libraries worldwide. Find items in libraries near you.
*Login is not required to access this database off-campus.