Checkout a Nook reader with pre-loaded popular titles. Free checkout of a Nook reader for 7 days. We will also purchase titles you want & download them to a Nook.
The following sites also have full-text books available for your use.
- America.gov: (Approximately 50 free ebooks on U.S. history, culture, and the economy along with guides to Journalism & Media, Human Rights, and Entrepreneurship.)
- Bartleby.com: Great Books Online (A comprehensive selection of reference, verse, fiction and nonfiction works. Includes the complete 70 volumes of The Harvard Classics & Shelf of Fiction.)
- Bibliomania: (2000 Classic texts including thousands of e-books, poems, articles, short stories plays, study guides, reference books, biographies, classic non-fiction and religious texts.)
- Cornell University Library Historical Monographs Collection: (A collection of selected monographs with expired copyrights chosen from a variety of disciplines. Includes 441 general monographs.)
- Documenting the American South: (14 thematic collections of primary sources for the study of southern history, literature, and culture.)
- Online Books Page: (Provides access to over 35,000 full-text books, definitive collections and serial archives (magazines, published journals, and newspapers.)
- Project Gutenberg: (A volunteer effort to digitize, archive, and distribute cultural works. Over 30,000 books available to download to read on your PC, iPad, Kindle, Sony Reader, iPhone, Android or other portable device.)
- University of Adelaide Library: eBooks@Adelaide (Classic works of literature, philosophy, science, history and exploration and travel.)
- University of California Press eScholarship Editions (More than 500 public-accessible, full-text academic books on a range of topics.)