Personal Interest Checklist
Apply for Admission to Aims
Complete the online application, or apply in person at any Aims Campus. On your application be sure to select, "Will not graduate or transfer, but will take classes for personal interest only."
Assess for College Placement
Assessment is only required for courses with prerequisites like reading, math, and science. Assessment is not required for courses like PE, art, or conversational foreign language.
- Assessment helps determine skill in reading, English and math so you can start in the appropriate course level.
- Meet the Assessment requirements by showing:
- ACT scores* (Reading 17, Sentence Skills 18, Math 19), OR
- SAT scores* (Verbal 430, Math 460), OR
- Successful completion of college-level math and English courses,
- OR Take the Accuplacer computer placement assessment
* If the scores are more than 3 years old, the ACCUPLACER assessment may be required.
Register for Classes
- Register online using the internal website “myAims”.
- Advanced Academic Achievement (AAA) classes are a good choice for new degree-seeking students.
- If you are interested in auditing a class, you will also need to complete an Audit Request Form