Admissions & Records
Important Dates & Events
HOURSAug 17 - Aug 30, 2014
|Mon:||8:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Tue:||8:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Wed:||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Thu:||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Fri:||8:00 am - 3:00 pm|
College Center, 1st Floor
5401 W 20th Street
Greeley, CO 80634
Phone: (970) 339-6440
Fax: (970) 506-6958
Sub-categories for: Admissions & Records
- Admissions & Records - Academic Standards
- Admissions & Records - Admissions
- Admissions & Records - Audit
- Admissions & Records - FERPA
- Admissions & Records - General Information
- Admissions & Records - Grades
- Admissions & Records - Incompletes
- Admissions & Records - Registration, Add, Drop, Withdrawals
- Admissions & Records - Transcripts
- Admissions & Records - Transferring FROM Aims
- Admissions & Records - Transferring TO Aims
- Admissions & Records - Tuition Classification
General Information FAQ for: Admissions & Records
- How much does it cost to go to Aims?
- Is Aims accredited?
- Why is Aims not involved with COF?
- What does open admission mean?
- How do I change my address?
- How do I declare or change my major?
- Where is the Admissions & Records Office Located?
- What is myAims?
- Where is the Automotive and Technology Center Located?
- What is “Get Started”?
- I took my GED at Aims. How do I get my scores?
- Does Aims have an honors program?
How much does it cost to go to Aims?Aims maintains the best education value in the Front Range. View Aims Community College current Tuition and Fee rates. Aims Community College rates are based on the residency of the student at time of registration.
Is Aims accredited?Yes, Aims is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
Why is Aims not involved with COF?College Opportunity Fund FAQs
What does open admission mean?Open admission is a policy that permits students to enter the college and enroll in course work. Entrance into specific courses, however, is limited to those who have demonstrated the ability to handle the work. Aims Community College will not deny admission to any district resident because of financial need as determined by the Student Financial Assistance Office. No admission fee is required as a condition for admission. Admission does not assure acceptance of an individual student into a particular course or program. Admission to the College does not, therefore, imply entry into any program which has selective admission standards nor does it assure admission to courses and programs in which an applicant's mental or physical disability may, in the opinion of the College, appear to be impractical or dangerous. The College may deny admission or re-enrollment to individuals who cannot benefit from the programs/courses offered or are considered detrimental to the best interest of the college community. Some students may be requested to enroll in special courses for correction of scholastic or other deficiencies as identified by the college's assessment process. Minimum skill levels are required for admission to even basic education courses. (See Assessment Requirements)
How do I change my address?You can change your address by filling out the Information Change form and returning it to Admissions & Records in person or by mail. You may also go online and change your address. To make an address change online, go to www.aims.edu, enter your username and password to log in to myAims, click on the Student tab, and choose the Update Addresses and Phone Numbers link.
How do I declare or change my major?To declare or change your major, fill out a Information Change form and submit it to Admissions and Records.
Where is the Admissions & Records Office Located?The Admissions & Records Office is located on the first floor of the College Center. We are located near the Information Desk and share the same lobby with the Cashier’s Office, Financial Aid, and the Student Success Center. The friendly staff at the Information Desk will be happy to help you find us. We also offer admissions services at the Loveland and Fort Lupton campuses. Greeley Campus Map
What is myAims?myAims is a secure website maintained by the college where students can access such things as their email, grades, and online classes. User names and passwords are mailed to students after they apply, and students can view their user name and reset their password by clicking the “Username/Password Help” link on the myAims login page.
Where is the Automotive and Technology Center Located?The Aims Automotive & Technology Center opened January 2010 as a state-of-the-art technology and education center located near I-25 and US-34. This brand new, centrally located 45,000-square-foot facility offers convenient drive times from the major population areas of Northern Colorado. Location: 1120 South Gate Drive Windsor, CO. 80550 Telephone: 970-339-6286 Fax: 970-506-6942 Director: Fred Brown 970-339-6640 Staff Specialist: Margaret Carleton 970-339-6286 Directions to the Aims Automotive & Technology Center
What is “Get Started”?Get Started sessions let you talk with an advisor before you sign up for classes. A Get Started session will help you if you want to earn a degree or certificate from Aims. The session will also help anyone who wants to take Aims classes and then transfer to another college. We encourage you to ask questions and we will help you learn what you need to do to start college. We will talk with you about:
- Aims' programs
- How to apply
- Choosing the right starting classes based on your reading, writing and math skills
- How to use the catalog and schedule
- How to get help in paying for college (Financial aid)
- Other services and resources
- Look at the Aims Upcoming Events calendar for a Get Started session that works for you.
- Sessions take place at each campus – Loveland, Fort Lupton, and Greeley.