Admissions & Records
Important Dates & Events
HOURSJul 11 - Aug 4, 2016
|Mon:||7:30 am - 5:30 pm|
|Tue:||7:30 am - 5:30 pm|
|Wed:||7:30 am - 5:30 pm|
|Thu:||7:30 am - 5:30 pm|
College Center, 1st Floor
5401 W 20th Street
Greeley, CO 80634
Phone: (970) 339-6440
Fax: (970) 506-6958
Frequently Asked Questions for: Admissions & Records - Transferring TO Aims
- Will my classes transfer to another college or university?
- What are the State Guaranteed Transfer Courses?
- Can I take other classes that will transfer besides the Guaranteed Transfer courses?
- Does my official transcript have to be mailed directly to Aims for a transfer evaluation?
- What is the process to have my transfer credits evaluated and how long does this take?
- How can I be prepared to challenge if a course is not accepted?
Will my classes transfer to another college or university?This depends on what courses you take at Aims and what program of study you will be working on at the transfer college. It is important that you work closely with your advisor and check with the receiving institution to determine if certain courses will transfer. We do have transfer guides to help us determine if a course is likely to transfer. Please note that a grade of “C” or better must be achieved in courses to be considered for transfer credit.
What are the State Guaranteed Transfer Courses?These courses will transfer to the receiving institution as completing either a general education requirement or a degree requirement for students who transfer to a Liberal Arts major at a Colorado four-year public college. These courses are marked with the GT identifier in the Aims catalog (Ex., SS1, CO1, etc.). More information about State Guaranteed Transfer courses and GT Pathways may be found at http://highered.colorado.gov/Academics/Transfers/Students.html or by contacting an Aims advisor.
Can I take other classes that will transfer besides the Guaranteed Transfer courses?Absolutely. You will need to work closely with your Aims advisor as well as checking with the specific 4-year institution about the acceptance of transfer credits before you enroll. Some majors require specific general education courses to be completed as part of your 2-year degree in order to finish a 4-year degree in a timely manner. Please see 4-year transfer guides. Access the Approved Elective courses for the Associate of Arts and the Associate of Science degrees.
Does my official transcript have to be mailed directly to Aims for a transfer evaluation?We would prefer that your previous college(s) mail your official transcripts directly to the Admissions & Records Office. Our address for mailing is : PO Box 69 Greeley, CO 80632 Although we prefer a mailed transcript, we will accept a hand-carried official transcript ONLY if it is sealed and signed by a college official.
What is the process to have my transfer credits evaluated and how long does this take?In order to have your transfer credits evaluated:
- Have Official transcripts from all previously attended institutions sent directly to Aims.
Our address for mailing is:
PO Box 69
Greeley, CO 80632
Although we prefer a mailed transcript, we will accept a hand carried official transcript only if it is sealed and signed by a college official.
Unofficial and opened transcripts will not be evaluated.
- Transfer credit evaluations will be completed within thirty (30) working days after all documents (this includes the Transfer Credit Evaluation Request form and all Official transcripts as listed on the request) are received in the Admissions office. Completed transfer evaluations do not include in-progress or previously completed Aims course work. If you have questions about the applicability of previously completed or in-progress Aims course work please contact your advisor.
- More information related to transferring credit into Aims