Admissions & Records
Important Dates & Events
HOURSMar 16 - May 10, 2014
|Mon:||8:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Tue:||8:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Wed:||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Thu:||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Fri:||8:00 am - 3:00 pm|
College Center, 1st Floor
5401 W 20th Street
Greeley, CO 80634
Phone: (970) 339-6440
Fax: (970) 506-6958
Ordering Official Academic Transcripts
How to order online
- If you have attended Aims within the past year
- Log in to your "myAims" account
- Once logged in, click on the "Student" tab. Click on "Academic Records" then click the "Order Transcript" link.
- If it has been over a year since you attended Aims,
- Log in to order your transcript using your Aims ID# and password
- Once logged in, click on "Student Services & Financial Aid," then the "Student Records" link, and then click "Request Printed Official Transcript."
Submit a request on paper
(please note, all requests must be signed by the student; transcripts cannot be ordered over the phone):
To order in person:
Order official transcripts at any of our locations in Greeley, Loveland or Fort Lupton at the Admissions/Student Services counter. Be sure to bring a photo ID.
To order by mail:
Send a request (see below) with your signature to:
Aims Community College
Attn: Admissions & Records
PO Box 69
Greeley, CO 80632
To order by fax:
Due to the occasional unreliability of fax technology, the faxing option is not recommended. However, if you have a reliable fax machine or service and this is the only way you can order, you may fax a request (see below) with your signature to (970) 475-2356.
When sending request by postal mail or fax, please include the following information (a printable Transcript Request form is available):
- Student name
- Previous names used when attending Aims
- Social Security number or student ID used while at Aims
- Complete name and address to which transcripts are to be sent
- Number of copies needed
- Date last attended
- Each request must be signed and dated. Please also include a current address and phone number we can try to reach you should there be a problem with your request.