Admissions & Records
Important Dates & Events
HOURSSep 7 - Nov 22, 2014
|Mon:||8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.|
|Tue:||8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.|
|Wed:||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Thu:||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Fri:||8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.|
College Center, 1st Floor
5401 W 20th Street
Greeley, CO 80634
Phone: (970) 339-6440
Fax: (970) 506-6958
Advancing Students for a Stronger Tomorrow (ASSET)
Colorado Senate Bill 13-033 (ASSET) was signed into law on April 29, 2013 by Governor John Hickenlooper and is effective beginning the 2013 summer semester. This bill allows U.S. citizens, permanent resident aliens, and students without lawful immigration status to qualify for in-state tuition rates if they meet certain conditions.
To qualify for the in-state tuition rate under ASSET, students must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled for at least three years at a public or private Colorado high school immediately before graduating or earning a GED in Colorado.
- Admission into a Colorado college or university within 12 months after graduating from a Colorado high school or earning a GED in Colorado.
- Students without lawful immigration status (examples: no status, Deferred Action) must submit an affidavit saying they have applied for lawful status or they will apply as soon as they are eligible to do so. We do not share this information with the Department of Homeland Security or the US Citizenship and Immigration Services.
Students who graduated from a Colorado high school or completed their GED prior to September 1, 2013 and meet all other eligibility criteria but were not admitted to a college or university within 12 months may still qualify for in-state tuition by providing documentation to Aims proving that the student has been physically present in Colorado for the eighteen months prior to enrolling.
Students must provide the following documentation to the Admissions & Records Office if they would like to qualify for in-state tuition using ASSET:
- An official High school transcript showing 3 years of attendance at a Colorado high school and the date of graduation
- An official High school transcript showing 3 years of attendance at a Colorado high school and an official copy of the GED diploma earned immediately after leaving high school.
- COF Application and Affidavit if the student is without lawful immigration status.