HOURSMay 16 - May 26, 2016
|Mon:||7:30 am - 5:30 pm|
|Tue:||7:30 am - 5:30 pm|
|Wed:||7:30 am - 5:30 pm|
|Thu:||7:30 am - 5:30 pm|
DISCOVER, EXPLORE, CONNECT, SUCCEED!
Current students and alumni that would like assistance choosing a major and/or career path, please feel free to make an appointment with Career Services for Career Advising or Career Counseling. The number of sessions and the assessment tools used vary dependent upon individual student needs.
We have a variety of career exploration tools and informational resources that may be used to help you during the career exploration process.
- Myers-Briggs Personality Type Indicator
- Strong Interest Inventory
- Career Cruising
- Knowdell Card Sort
- Interest Mosaic
- ONET online
The intent of the assessments is to provide insight into your personality, interests and values. It is important to understand how those characteristics could impact your career decision making process. Many of our assessments require a professional to interpret results and therefore must be completed within the context of career counseling or under the guidance of an advisor.
To make an appointment, contact Career Services through the Student Success Center front desk at (970) 339-6251.
Websites to Help With Your Career Planning Process…
- Career Cruising As an Aims student or alumni, you have access to this excellent career resource. For access to the site please send an email to the Senior Advisor for Career Services at email@example.com. You must provide your full name and Aims ID for verification purposes.
- What Can I Do With a Major In...? Gives you ideas about where you can use certain majors in the real world of work.
- Explore careers in healthcare
- O*Net OnLine The Department of Labor produced this site which will allow you to read about multiple aspects related to a variety of careers
- Career and Job Search Guide
- US Department of Labor, Green Careers Information