HOURSNov 30 - Dec 20, 2014
|Mon:||8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.|
|Tue:||8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.|
|Wed:||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Thu:||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Fri:||8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.|
DISCOVER, EXPLORE, CONNECT, SUCCEED!
If you would like assistance choosing a major and/or career path, please feel free to make an appointment with a Career Services for Career Counseling. This is a 3-appt series that enables you to discover more about yourself and explore how that relates to career options.
We have a variety of career exploration tools that may be used to help you during the career exploration process.
- Myers-Briggs Personality Type Indicator (used in Career Counseling)
- Strong Interest Inventory (used in Career Counseling)
- Career Cruising
- True Colors
- Knowdell Card Sort
- Interest Mosaic
The intent of the assessments is to provide insight into your personality, interests and values. It is important to understand how those characteristics could impact your career decision making process. Many of our assessments require a professional to interpret results and therefore must be completed within the context of career counseling or under the guidance of an advisor.
* Career Services appointments are at no charge for current students and alumni. Community members will be charged the following for services: $50.00 for Career Counseling (3appt series) and $25.00 for any Job Search Skills services (Resume Reviews/Mock Interviews - 2appt series).
To make an appointment, contact Career Services through the Student Success Center front desk at (970) 339-6251.
Websites to Help With Your Career Planning Process…
- Career Cruising As an Aims student or alumni, you have access to this excellent career resource. For access to the site please send an email to the Senior Advisor for Career Services at email@example.com. You must provide your full name and Aims ID for verification purposes.
- What Can I Do With a Major In...? Gives you ideas about where you can use certain majors in the real world of work.
- Explore careers in healthcare
- Nurses Without Borders specializes in bringing free career resources to students and interested parties. Their focus is to be a part of educating the world about the career of nursing, shedding light on the realities of this profession, dispelling myths and reinforcing truths about what nursing is really about.
- O*Net OnLine The Department of Labor produced this site which will allow you to read about multiple aspects related to a variety of careers
- Career and Job Search Guide
- US Department of Labor, Green Careers Information