HOURSMay 12 - May 25, 2013
|Mon:||7:30 am - 5:30 pm|
|Tue:||7:30 am - 5:30 pm|
|Wed:||7:30 am - 5:30 pm|
|Thu:||7:30 am - 5:30 pm|
College Center, 1st Floor
PO Box 69
Greeley, CO 80632
phone: (970) 339-6349
fax: (970) 506-6952
The Tuition Appeals Committee will consider requests for adjustment to tuition and fee charges when a student can document extenuating circumstances. Examples of circumstances:
- Medical Reasons which prevented you from attending class and/or completing the requirements of the course
- Death in the immediate family
- Change in Employment beyond students control
- Other extenuating circumstances
Please note: If your circumstance is due to an issue with the instructor, curriculum, class instruction methods or not listed in our Tuition appeals guidelines, please visit with your instructor, Department Chair or the appropriate Academic Dean over your circumstance before attempting this process.
Tuition Appeals submitted for semesters older than one year of age will be denied.
Students should be aware that if a Tuition Appeal is submitted and they are a Financial Aid recipient, their Financial Aid may be impacted and they may potentially owe Aims Community College money.
Appeal forms can be obtained by contacting any Cashiers
Office or by using the link below. Tuition
Appeal guidelines are also
available by using the link below, Be sure to
review the guidelines before completing the appeal process.
- Tuition Appeal Guidelines
- Common Problems for Which Appeals are Denied
- Appeal for Tuition Refund Form
Please follow the below steps for filing a Tuition Appeals:
Student needs to withdraw from the course(s) before appeals will be considered. Tuition Appeals are for tuition charges adjustment only.
- Review Tuition Appeal guidelines.
- Print Tuition Appeal
form from the Aims website.
- Complete Tuition Appeal
form and obtain all supporting documentation
as set forth in the Tuition Appeals guidelines.
- If grant, scholarship and/or loan funds were paid on
your behalf for the semester in which you are appealing, see the
Financial Aid Office to go over the impact an approved appeal will
have on your Financial Aid eligibility.
- Submit the completed Tuition Appeal form and supporting
documentation to any Aims Community College Cashiers office. Appeals
can be submitted by mail, in person, or by fax 506-6952. Appeals
will NOT be accepted by email.
PLEASE NOTE: The Committee meets every two weeks (with slight variation due to College Closures). Tuition Appeals need to be submitted one week prior, in order to be included in the next Tuition Appeal Committee meeting. Please contact the Greeley Main Cashier's Office for the Tuition Appeal Committee meeting schedule.
- Once the Tuition Appeal committee has reached a decision, the
student will be sent a letter stating the decision and action to
be taken next by the college or the student.
- If Tuition Appeal is “Approved”, the student’s
tuition account will be adjusted accordingly.
- If Tuition Appeal is “Pending additional
the committee is requesting additional documentation in order to
make a final decision. The student will have 30 days to submit
the additional documentation or the appeals will be denied.
- If Tuition Appeal is “Denied”, student can request
for the Tuition Appeal to be reconsidered by the committee if the
student can supply additional documentation to support the circumstances.
- An appeal of the final decision of the Appeal Committee may be made to the Dean of Students, IF the student has extenuating circumstances that includes confidential information (e.g. personal, medical, etc); or can not, or will not document the circumstances thru the original appeals. The student needs to complete the Tuition Appeals Process first.
**Please note: Effective January 7, 2008: courses for which a Tuition
Appeal are approved will no longer be dropped from your academic
transcript. Rather, they will show as a withdrawn course, and included
in your attempted hours.