HOURSSep 18 - Nov 19, 2016
|Mon:||8:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Tue:||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Wed:||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Thu:||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Fri:||8:00 am - 3:00 pm|
College Center, 1st Floor
PO Box 69
Greeley, CO 80632
phone: (970) 339-6349
fax: (970) 506-6952
Frequently Asked Questions for: MyPaymentPlan - General Information
- Is it safe to enroll online?
- Is there an enrollment fee to sign up for a payment plan and how much is it?
- It wonít let me sign up for a payment plan, why?
- NBS states I owe them money for NSF fees, why?
- I just realized I didn't have enough money in my account for the enrollment fee and/or the down payment, what will happen?
- I do not have a computer, how can I enroll for the payment plan?
- I'm having trouble with the MyPaymentPlan application process, how can I get help?
- How soon is the college notified of my registration in the MyPaymentPlan?
- How often is MyPaymentPlan company notified of changes for my Aims tuition account balance? (examples: dropped/added classes, additional payments)
- How am I notified of changes or updates to my payment plan?
- Can my parent(s)or other person sign up for a payment plan for my tuition balance?
- My balance is now zero, will the payment plan end/terminate?
- I have a 3rd party paying for my full/partial tuition, do I need to sign up for a payment plan?
- I have been awarded Financial Aid for the semester, do I need to sign up for a payment plan?
- Can I pay in cash for the enrollment fee?
- I don't have a checking or savings account and no credit card. How can I still enroll?
- Can the date of the monthly payment be changed?
- When and what time will the funds be withdrawn from my bank/credit card account?
- How soon does my down payment come out?
- I registered for the payment plan but decided to pay the school in full. Can I stop my down payment?
- I didn't realize I was short of funds in my account and there will not be enough money in my account for the down payment. What will happen?
- How will I be notified of my payment information?
- Can I pay by phone with NBS E-CASHIER?
- Information on Missed Payments
- I have changed my bank account and address. What do I need to do?
- I want to change from a checking account (ACH) to a credit card. What do I do?
- I want to change from one credit card account to another credit card account. What do I do?
- I registered for the payment plan can I pay the school for the next payment instead of NBS?
- Can my next scheduled payment be canceled or moved to another date?
- I dropped a class(es) after the 1st of the month, will that change that next monthly payment draft on the 5th?
- My financial aid posted after the 1st of the month will that change that next monthly payment draft on the 5th?
- My payment drafted, I donít see it posted to my Aims account. Why?
Is it safe to enroll online?All information is kept confidential and all information is encrypted.
Is there an enrollment fee to sign up for a payment plan and how much is it?There is a $25 non-refundable enrollment fee when you sign up for MyPaymentPlan. NBS will deduct the fee from your banking institution IMMEDIATELY upon completion of the contract (as soon as you click the submit button).
It wonít let me sign up for a payment plan, why?There could be several reasons the system wonít let you enter the payment plan portal
- You may not be registered for classes for the semester.
- You have been awarded financial aid funding and the aid covers all your tuition costs
- You may owe NSF fees to NBS due to a prior semester payment plan that had difficulties processing your monthly payments. The fee is $30.00 per payment attempt NBS tried during that semester. Full payment would have to be made to NBS directly for any fees before you would be allowed to sign up for a new payment plan.
- Our system shows you already have a payment plan in place.
NBS states I owe them money for NSF fees, why?NBS charges $30.00 each time they are unable to draft a scheduled payment per the payment plan you sign up for a semester. If those fees were never paid then NBS blocks you from setting up a new payment plan until those owed fees are paid in full. NBS sent emails when those fees were incurred and why. Example: You had a payment plan for Fall semester and it was unable to draft one of the scheduled payments. NBS charged your payment plan account $30.00. If it never was able to draft that fee during that payment plan timeframe, then it will block any future access to the payment plan portal until its paid in full to NBS.
I just realized I didn't have enough money in my account for the enrollment fee and/or the down payment, what will happen?If NBS is unable to draft the $25 fee and/or any associated down payment, your contract will automatically terminate and you will have to complete the process again. The college is notified of these failures within 24-48 hours and your classes may be in jeopardy of being dropped if this occurs before the Full Term Add Deadline for the semester.
I do not have a computer, how can I enroll for the payment plan?You can enroll on any computer either at home, on campus or a public computer such as the city library. The college does have computer labs on all campuses for students to use. You can only sign up for a payment plan online thru the Aims website.
I'm having trouble with the MyPaymentPlan application process, how can I get help?The college has available a Step by Step guide for the application process. The guide can be found by going to the Cashier homepage and clicking on the MyPaymentPlan link or by using the following url: http://www.aims.edu/student/cashier/ecashier/stepByStep.pdf. We also have available a video demonstrating the application process. If you are still having difficulties with completing the application, please contact NBS (Nelnet) at (800) 609-8056 or any Cashierís office with the college.
How soon is the college notified of my registration in the MyPaymentPlan?The college is notified of your completed online agreement within 5-10 minutes. The payment plan system will place a flag on your Aims tuition account indicating to us you have made payment arrangements for the semester. You will also receive an acknowledgment email notification to verify your registration with FACTS/NBS to the email address you indicated on the contract. Once you receive the confirmation email, than you can expect the school got notified and your classes will not be dropped.
How often is MyPaymentPlan company notified of changes for my Aims tuition account balance? (examples: dropped/added classes, additional payments)Payment plans are updated on a regular basis throughout the month. Generally we update payment plans once a week as of account balances 8pm Wednesday night and also the 1st of every month. The Payment plan system will notify you by email whenever a change occurs with your payment plan. The student and/or responsible party can login into the MyPaymentPlan website to view their NBS account at all times. Please remember the balance showing on MyPaymentPlan account my not match to the Aims account due to timing of reports between the two agencies. PLEASE NOTE: ANY SCHEDULE AND/OR TUITION BALANCE CHANGES MADE WITHIN 5-7 BUSINESS DAYS OF THE EXPECTED DRAFT MAY NOT CHANGE THAT NEXT MONTHLY PAYMENT FOR THAT MONTH. BE PREPARED TO MAKE YOUR REGULAR MONTHLY PAYMENT, YOUR REMAINING MONTHS OF PAYMENTS WILL BE ADJUSTED DUE TO THE CHANGE MADE.
How am I notified of changes or updates to my payment plan?The payment plan system will email all notifications to the email address you indicated while setting up the payment plan. Please make sure you indicate a current email and that its one that you check on a regular basis. After setting up a payment plan, make sure to check your spam folder on a regular basis to ensure you are receiving the emails. If an item is sent to spam, you should be able to open the email and then indicate in your mail settings that all emails from that sender are not spam. This will prevent all future emails from NBS to go to your inbox and not to spam.
Can my parent(s)or other person sign up for a payment plan for my tuition balance?The student can setup a Guest login account for parents and/or other parties that are assisting with your education. Once the Guest complete login setup, the Guest can access the Payment Plan portal and setup a payment plan in your behalf. Due to FERPA regulations, only students have access to myAims. The college is not able to create username/passwords for anyone other than the student.
My balance is now zero, will the payment plan end/terminate?Once your account has a balance of zero, then your payment plan goes to an inactive status. If at any time during the remainder of the semester you incur any charges then the plan will re-activate and draft monthly payments until it is paid in full. Example: Financial aid pays to your account and pays your balance off and a refund is issued to you. At that moment you would have a zero balance and your payment plan will go to inactive. Now if you add a course or financial aid adjusts your account for a repayment of funds, then once the college reports that new balance, then it will start drafting monthly payments again based on that new balance.
I have a 3rd party paying for my full/partial tuition, do I need to sign up for a payment plan?No; If a 3rd party entity, is paying your tuition in full or partial for the semester, than you will not need to sign up for an payment plan. The entity must have paperwork on file with the Cashier office by the deadlines to prevent you from being dropped. A 3rd party is not a parent, grandparent, guardian, etc. A 3rd party entity is a federal, state, county or government agency such as Veteran Affairs, Workforce, DVR, TAA, embassyís, Career Ladder, CAMP , employer, etc.
I have been awarded Financial Aid for the semester, do I need to sign up for a payment plan?It depends; the answer would be no as long as you have been officially awarded* Financial Aid for the semester then you will not need to sign up for payment plan. All students can view their Financial Aid award status on their 'My Financials' tab online by clicking on the "My Financial Aid" link located on the page. If you haven't received your Award letter, then you will need to sign up for a payment plan while financial aid continues to process your FAFSA. Just completing the FAFSA online does not guarantee that the school will award you. You will need to make the monthly payments until your aid pays to your account. *Awarded is defined as: Aims Community College has officially mailed/emailed the student an Award Letter stating the maximum amount the student is eligible to receive for the semesters indicated. (Full time 12 credit hours). Student has met requirements for eligibility based on the information supplied on the FAFSA and any other additional documentation submitted to the college.
Can I pay in cash for the enrollment fee?No, MyPaymentPlan system only accepts a bank account routing/account number or credit/debit card online to pay the $25 enrollment fee, any down payments and the monthly payments. Payment of the $25 enrollment fee in cash cannot be made with the college.
I don't have a checking or savings account and no credit card. How can I still enroll?The payment plan system requires you must have either a checking/savings account or a credit/debit card available to sign up for a plan. If you donít have one of those accounts available, we have several suggestions:
- You can always pay your balance in full to the school by the payment deadlines.
- Students can open an account at a financial institution, either a checking or savings account
- Purchase a Prepaid reloadable credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover or American Express) from any store. Please remember to reload the Prepaid credit card with the proper amount each month in order for the payment plan system to process the monthly payment each month per the payment plan you choose. The student can place the funds on that card then use the 16 digits on the card to complete the payment plan agreement. Some cards give you a temp card then mail you another card within 30 days. When you get that new card, the student needs to call Nelnet directly or login to MyPaymentPlan website to update the contract with the new card number.