Federal School code: 007582
HOURSSep 26 - Oct 28, 2016
|Mon:||8:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Tue:||8:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Wed:||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Thu:||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Fri:||8:00 am - 3:00 pm|
College Center, 1st Floor
5401 W 20th Street
Greeley, CO 80634
Phone: (970) 339-6548
Fax: (970) 506-6962
Frequently Asked Questions for: Financial Aid - Work-Study
- How did I apply for Work-Study?
- My award letter indicates a Work-Study award, does this mean I am guaranteed a job?
- How much will I be paid through Work-Study?
- What if I decide to decline my Work-Study award?
- Can I decline my Work-Study award for only one semester?
- I declined my Work-Study award but have since found a Work-Study job where the supervisor wants to hire me, am I eligible to be hired?
- I declined Work-Study in a prior year; will this impact my Work-Study eligibility for this year or in future years?
- Can I be hired to work more than one Work-Study job?
- Where do I Search for possible Work-Study positions?
- Still have questions regarding work-study?
How did I apply for Work-Study?When you filed your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you indicated an interest in the Work-Study program. If you did not indicate an interest on your FAFSA but would like to be considered for Work-Study, please contact the Financial Aid office.
My award letter indicates a Work-Study award, does this mean I am guaranteed a job?No. A Work-Study award means you are eligible to find a Work-Study designated eligible job and earn up to the amount per semester indicated on your award letter. There are a limited number of Work-Study jobs; available jobs will be posted on the Career Advance website through Career Services at Aims.
How much will I be paid through Work-Study?Work-Study employees must be paid at least minimum wage. Work-Study employees are paid for the actual hours worked at the hourly wage for the position hired. You cannot earn more than the amount scheduled per semester on your award letter. Your actual earnings will be based upon the number of hours worked, and your hourly wage within the term; any unearned portion of your award will be forfeited.
What if I decide to decline my Work-Study award?Declining your Work-Study award will not affect your other financial aid awards.
Can I decline my Work-Study award for only one semester?Yes. You can cancel or reduce your Work-Study award for only one semester or for the full school year. Once canceled, there is no guarantee funding would be available to reinstate the canceled award at a later time.
I declined my Work-Study award but have since found a Work-Study job where the supervisor wants to hire me, am I eligible to be hired?Work-Study funds are limited; you will need to check with the Financial Aid office to see if funding is available and if you still have eligibility for Work-Study. This needs to be done prior to accepting the job.
I declined Work-Study in a prior year; will this impact my Work-Study eligibility for this year or in future years?No. Work-Study eligibility is determined each year based upon your annual Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and available funds.
Can I be hired to work more than one Work-Study job?It is important to remember you are first and foremost a student. Therefore, it is recommended that students not work more than 20 hours per week. There are certain situations where students are allowed to work in more than one area to meet their eligible hours. This must be coordinated through the departments involved and the Financial Aid Office prior to you securing the second job.
Where do I Search for possible Work-Study positions?New to Career Advance:
- Visit the Career Advance login page
- Click on the yellow student login button
- Click on 'Click here to register!'
- Fill out the student profile completely, entering all required information.
- You are now in 'pending status'. Check your email within 24 hours for your access approval.
- Visit the Career Advance login page
- Click on the yellow student login button & sign in with self created username & password
- Click on 'Job Search' on the menu at the top of the page
- Enter Financial Aid Office for the 'Organization Name' field & type
- Click on 'Search'. All available work-study jobs will be displayed for you to view.
- Prior to attending your scheduled interviews, you will need to print your Work-Study Authorization Form that was emailed to your Aims email address.