Financial Aid

Bob Small
Financial Aid Advisor for Veteran Services
School Certifying Official
(970) 339-6530

Veteran Services

General Information

Veteran education benefits are administered through the Financial Aid Office.  The VA Certifying Official is available to serve the needs of veteran students and eligible dependents Tuition Classification for Military Members.


The Aims Community College VA Certifying Official is responsible for notifying the VA if a student is registered for classes and will closely monitor each veteran student’s academic program and enrollment status.  Each semester the VA Certifying Official will certify your enrollment to VA. Your monthly payment rate is based upon course beginning and ending dates and number of credit hours for which you are certified. 

In general, to have your enrollment certified to VA you must:

  1. Apply for admissions to the college: Apply Now!
  2. Apply for GI bill benefits on the website at
  3. Be seeking a degree or certificate program approved for VA education benefits;
  4. Register only for courses which are required for completion of your degree or certificate program (remedial and some pre-requisite courses are also eligible for benefits);
  5. Complete and submit a VA Benefit Enrollment Certification Request form each semester to the Financial Aid Office.  It must be signed by your advisor;
  6. Notify the VA Certifying Official of any changes in your enrollment, program of study, address, etc.;
  7. Submit academic transcripts from all previous education or training to the Aims Community College Admissions and Records Office for credit evaluation;
  8. Maintain satisfactory academic progress.  This means it is expected that you complete all your coursework with a 2.0 cumulative grade point average.  Failure to meet this requirement may cancel your VA education benefits.