Financial Aid

Federal School code: 007582

What's New


Nov 28 - Dec 9, 2016
Sun: Closed
Mon: 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Tue: 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Wed: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thu: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Fri: 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Sat: Closed
Upcoming Hours


Greeley Campus
College Center, 1st Floor
5401 W 20th Street
Greeley, CO 80634
Phone: (970) 339-6548
Fax: (970) 506-6962

Student Employment (work-study)

Aims Community College participates in the Federal Work-Study and the Colorado Work-Study programs.  Eligible students can work part-time (15-20 hours per week) to earn money to help pay for their education. Whenever possible, the work-study programs encourage community service work and work related to the student’s course of study, whenever possible.  Jobs are available both on and off campus. 

Students employed through the work-study programs earn at least the federal or state minimum wage, whichever is greater. The amount that can be earned depends on the type of work the student does and the skills required for the position, the amount of the school’s funding level and the amount of the student’s work-study award. Work-study employees are paid by the hour, on a monthly basis, on the last business day of the month. 

The Work-Study program is run through the Financial Aid Office, located in the College Center on the Greeley campus. Although students can be awarded Work-Study, they are not guaranteed a job.

View available jobs

Once you have been hired, your Work Study Eligibility Form must be completed, signed by your supervisor and returned to the Financial Aid Office. The Work Study Eligibility Form will be sent to your Aims e-mail account, or can be picked up at the Financial Aid Office.

In addition, you must meet with Human Resources, in the Cornerstone building, to complete the required payroll paperwork. This must be done PRIOR to beginning your Work-Study employment.

Required payroll paperwork includes, but is not limited to:

  • Job Application
  • Federal W-4 Form
  • Statement of Criminal Background
  • Personal Data Form
  • INS I-9 Form

To complete these forms, you will need to bring the following items to Human Resources:

  • Acceptable Identifying Information
  • Canceled check to set up Direct Deposit*
    • Note: If you do not have a checking account, we will need a letter from the bank (on their letterhead) with your name, account and routing number. The card given to you by the bank when you set up your account is not acceptable.
  • All required payroll forms must be complete and on record with Human Resources and your supervisor must receive notification from Human Resources PRIOR to starting work.

Work-Study FAQs