Learning Commons Services For Faculty
The Learning Commons includes the Computer Learning Lab, Kiefer Library and Tutoring Services.
- Computer Learning Lab
- Reserve our presentation area in the Greeley Learning Commons for your class. We have 24 computers and a smart board available.
- We can provide a brief orientation to your students on our services.
- Feel free to contact us regarding software in the Learning Commons.
- Guest speakers available for CIS and BUS classes, upon request.
- Knowledgeable staff ready to assist you and assist your students according to your guidelines.
- Kiefer Library
- Faculty Additional Services
- Electronic Database Sessions
- Information Literacy Sessions
- Learning Commons Orientations
- Library Instruction – Librarian is available for classroom presentations
- Meet Your Librarian – Library Liaisons for your Program
- Quick Start Library Research Sessions
- Research Assistance
- Resource Links for Community College in the 21st Century
- NEW! We now have Nook e-book readers for staff to check out (14 days)
- We Purchase Plan – We encourage staff to request books to add to the Nooks or to the collection
- Tutoring Services
- We encourage student responsibility for learning and we focus on increasing student-to-faculty communication.
- We encourage faculty to participate in Faculty Corners in the Learning Commons (drop-in assistance to students led by faculty). Please contact us for more information.
- We encourage faculty involvement in reviewing your students’ applications for individual tutoring. Approval is not required but is beneficial.
- We now have an Online Writing Lab (OWL) available for students to access 24/7. There are also Instructor Resources.
- We have launched a new Academic Resources website. There are many resources for
students and even a tab with Faculty/Staff/Tutor resources.