Tutorial Services & Supplemental Instruction
We now offer online/distance tutoring assistance by request during our advertised Greeley drop-in hours. To view the Greeley hours, go to http://www.aims.edu/student/learning-commons/tsi/
Online/distance tutoring assistance is available to enrolled Aims students (those attending classes on campus and/or online.)
To request distance tutoring, email firstname.lastname@example.org . Please provide the following information in your email:
- Your name
- Contact information (phone #) - How do you prefer to be contacted?
- Class you need tutoring assistance in
- Type of assistance you need (examples: grammar, writing paper, math concept, etc.)
After receiving your email, it can be up to 24 hours before we contact you to schedule your session. Tutors will arrange with the student how to best coordinate tutoring (Skype, phone call, etc.) Tutoring sessions will be approximately 10 to 15 minutes long.
What we do
- Endeavor to foster confidence and self-sufficiency by providing feedback
- Help with organization and development of paper
- Review grammar, punctuation, and style
- Show how to cite, quote, and paraphrase correctly
What we don't do
- Proofread and edit
- Read the entire paper
- Fix student papers
Our goal is to foster independent writers, able to self-edit.
- Be prepared for your session.
- Our expectation is that you work through homework first.
- Bring your problem questions to us during the session.
If you and your tutor will be using Wimba for your online session please copy and paste the following into a new browser tab/window: aimslive.wimba.com
Another awesome online resource is our Aims' Student Lingo workshops.
Check out these interactive on-demand workshops, action plans and valuable resources to help you achieve your academic goals. Watch these 30-minute workshops anywhere you have access to the internet and a computer or tablet day or night!