Tutoring Services encourages students to form study groups amongst themselves to maximize
learning. These can be informal groups with meeting times agreed upon by all members.
Aims students also have the opportunity to benefit from Guided Study Groups (GSG).
These groups meet regularly in the Learning Commons with a skilled tutor present to
facilitate each meeting. Guided Study Groups can be formed by students, faculty or
- Study groups encourage students to think independently, as well as to become comfortable
participating as a member of a team - often required of today's workforce.
- Generally, students who study in groups and stay on task learn 2-1/2 times faster
and retain information easier than students who study alone.
- Students are expected to take an active role in the learning process with a knowledgeable
tutor to assist as needed.
- Attendance is taken at each guided study group session for statistical purposes –
student information remains confidential.
Please call for additional information:
- Greeley: (970) 339-6541
- Fort Lupton: (303) 718-5905
- Loveland: (970) 667-4611, ext. 3304
- Windsor (970) 378-3520