Like us on Facebook
Click here for a new member application.
Congratulations to our new officers!
Ana Daisy Camarillo
Maria De Jesus Garcia Martinez
Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Welcome to Phi Theta Kappa
The purpose of Phi Theta Kappa is to recognize and encourage scholarship among associate degree students. To achieve this purpose the organization provides opportunities for the development of leadership and service. Besides becoming involved in chapter, college, and community activities, there are many other benefits to becoming a member.
The chapter at Aims Community College is called Beta Lambda Kappa.
The purpose of Phi Theta Kappa shall be to recognize and encourage scholarship among two-year college students. To achieve this purpose, Phi Theta Kappa shall provide opportunity for the development of leadership and service, for an intellectual climate for exchange of ideas and ideals, for lively fellowship for scholars, and for stimulation of interest in continuing academic excellence.
International Phi Theta Kappa Society Mission
Phi Theta Kappa's mission is two-fold:
- Recognize and encourage the academic achievement of two-year college students and;
- Provide opportunities for individual growth and development through participation in honors, leadership, service and fellowship programming.
Colorado Region (4)
The Colorado Region has 23 chapters and the Colorado Regional Alumni Association in the state of Colorado. The Colorado Region was the recipient of a Regional Milestone Award at the 2012 Annual Convention in Nashville, Tennessee.
Aims Community College Chapter
Aims Community College established the Beta Kappa Lambda Chapter in 2001.
Membership in Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society guarantees you access to benefits that will recognize your outstanding academic accomplishments and provide you with the competitive edge that helps ensure future success. These benefits are unmatched by any other collegiate honor society.
An active member of Phi Theta Kappa shall be a student who has met the requirements for membership in an active
chapter of the Society as set forth in Article IV, Section 2, of the Constitution, and who has been duly initiated into the Society; and who maintains the standards required for good standing for active membership.
A provisional member of Phi Theta Kappa shall be a student who, in the opinion of the local chapter, has shown an active interest in the affairs of the Society and who serves the Society in some special capacity, but who does not meet the full requirements for active membership in the Society. A provisional member shall not have the right to vote, hold office, or to represent the chapter at meetings of the Society.
Membership recognizes your academic success
- The Phi Theta Kappa Golden Key Membership Pin
- A Phi Theta Kappa Membership Certificate and ID Card
- Recognition during college induction ceremony
- The official Seal of Phi Theta Kappa placed on your college diploma*
- Notation of membership on your college transcript*
- Recognition by wearing Phi Theta Kappa Commencement Regalia during college graduation and other official ceremonies*
- A Press Release announcing your academic achievement
Benefits - Membership empowers you with a competitive edge
- FREE access to Five Star Competitive Edge, a personal and professional development plan for building marketable skills and an online portfolio
- FREE access to our Career Resource Center
- Opportunity to be published in Phi Theta Kappa's anthology, Nota Bene
- Opportunities to develop research and servant leadership skills by participating in Honors in Action programming in local chapter
- Opportunity to become part of a network of over 2.5 million fellow scholars and servant leaders on more than 1,270 campuses worldwide
- Increased pay grade for entry level federal jobs
- Personalized letters of recommendation for scholarships and employment
- Special benefits and offers from Phi Theta Kappa corporate partners
* Contingent on college policy.
Chapter Development Programs
Honors in Action
Phi Theta Kappa's Hallmark Awards Program is a competitive program that honors individuals, chapters, and regions in the areas of Scholarship, Leadership, Service, and Fellowship:
While participation in chapter activities is optional, holding a leadership position allows students to develop valuable workplace skills, connect with students around the world, and have fun.
All chapters of Phi Theta Kappa automatically belong to a region. A region may be composed of a single state or a group of states. Lane Community College's chapter, Sigma Zeta, belongs to the Rocky Mountain Cascade Region which includes Oregon, Southern Idaho, and Utah.
A Regional Coordinator is appointed to each region to plan and implement programs within the region and to facilitate communications between the advisors in the region and International Headquarters. A Coordinator's Advisory Committee, composed of chapter advisors, provides assistance in the majority of Phi Theta Kappa's regions. All regions also elect a slate of Regional Officers to further expedite the activities of the regions. The Regional Coordinator, the Advisory Committee and the Regional Officers work together to promote growth and development of the individual chapters in their regions.
Phi Theta Kappa chapters are strongly encouraged to participate in service related to their Honors in Action project. A strong commitment to service has always been a major focus of Phi Theta Kappa.
Current service projects include:
A. Relay for Life
B. Project Weld County
C. Habitat for Humanity
A comprehensive fellowship program is one that balances activities focused on pure fun social events with activities that provide support to other chapters and those that share international programs with the chapter's members, college, community and chapters within the region. Many chapters find that using the International Service Program and the Honors Study Topic provides a good foundation to building a strong fellowship program.
Community Call to Action
Member Scholarship Opportunities
- Senior Institution Transfer Scholarships
- All-USA Academic Team Scholarships
- All-State Academic Teams
- Guistwhite Scholarships
- Leaders Of Promise Scholarships
- National Dean's List
- International Officer Scholarship
- Orlowski Candidate Scholarship
- Nota Bene Scholarships