TRiO Student Support Services and CORE
No hours available
TRiO Student Support Services
& CORE Programs
College Center 220
Liz Schoenleber, Academic Advisor is here to offer assistance to TRiO & CORE students who may desire individual career development services.
Students needing additional assistance in career searches, development of their résumé and cover letters, or practicing for an upcoming interview, may make an appointment with Liz.
Here are just some of the areas of assistance offered:
- Career exploration - Self-assessment, choosing or changing majors
- Resume development - learn the different types available and choose the one that best fits you.
- Cover letters - discover their purpose and why you need one
- Mock Interviews - designed to simulate an actual job interview
- Making a good first impression with employers - how you should dress and what you should say
- Thank You letters - they really are necessary
- References - who should be included and who should not
- Networking - what it is and why you need to start now
- Job Search Strategies - making a plan that works for you
- Assistance with regional job fairs - providing dates and other information regarding these events.
- Career workshops and organization referrals
- Internship and REU searches – strongly encouraged to gain valuable work experience
Career Interest Inventories (MBTI, STRONG, etc.)
In addition to our library of reference materials, Chris Karl, Senior Advisor Student Success Center, has access to a number of career/personality assessments that can be helpful in determining academic and career direction. You can make an appointment with Chris at the Information Desk downstairs in the College Center.
To assist in the process of building a Resume fill out the Résumé information form and bring the completed form with you to see Liz.
For more information contact Liz Schoenleber at (970) 339-6383 or firstname.lastname@example.org