TRiO Student Support Services and CORE
No hours available
TRiO Student Support Services
& CORE Programs
College Center 220
Financial and Economic Literacy
One of the requirements for every TRiO and CORE student is the completion of our Financial Wellness program. This program is designed to help students learn how to manage money effectively and make wise financial decisions. Financial literacy is also a fundamental facet for successful college students and beyond. Thus, the TRiO and CORE programs are committed to creating a culture of financial empowerment within our students.
TRiO and CORE students will utilize online financial wellness resources, attend financially driven workshops, or participate in both. Students satisfy the financial wellness component of the program when participation reaches at least but not limited to 3 hours. Below are the recommended options.
- Option 1: Complete three modules of Money 101 online
- Option 2: Complete two Smart Cents workshops
- Option 3: Combination of Smarts Cents workshop or Money 101, must total 3 hours
We strongly encourage students to complete the financial wellness requirement in the first semester of program admission. To help monitor your progress in Money 101, interactive activities/quizzes throughout each section will allow your advisor to ensure the program is being completed! Be sure to also sign-in at any Smart Cents or financially related workshops on campus. Our Financial Literacy Coordinator will confirm your completion and inform your TRiO or CORE advisor. Below you will find the steps for registration.
Money 101 also offers scholarships and rewards! Visit the rewards page to learn more on earning points for scholarships.
Money 101 Registration Steps
- Go to www.cicmoney101.org
- Click on Create an Account - Enter your information & submit (Please use your aims.edu address).
- You will then be taken to My Dashboard. Directly under My Dashboard is My Assessment Results with the option to Click Here to take the Financial Aptitude Quiz.
- Complete the 25 question Financial Aptitude Quiz and submit. Return to My Dashboard and review the recommendations on which courses you should tackle first.
- On the upper right-hand side of the page click on the word “Groups.” Under Join Group, click the box to agree to the terms and enter the group code Aims_SSS in the box and submit your request. You may now begin your Money 101 coursework.
- You will receive a confirmation email when you have been approved for the Aims_SSS group. Once approved, the Financial Wellness Coordinator will be able to review your progress.
For more information please contact Alfredo Haro at (970)339-6273 or firstname.lastname@example.org.