View hours by Campus
Greeley Testing Center
College Center 230 (2nd Floor)
5401 W. 20th Street
Greeley, CO 80634
phone: (970) 339-6533
fax: (970) 506-6920
Frequently Asked Questions for: Testing Center - Placement Testing
- When are you open for placement testing?
- Can I use a calculator for the math portion of the Accuplacer?
- Do I have to take the Accuplacer placement test?
- How many times can I take the Accuplacer placement test?
- What do my placement test scores mean?
- What are my options if I score below 40 in Reading, below 50 in Sentence Skills, or below 40 in Arithmetic on the Accuplacer?
- I have a disability...and it may affect my ability to take the placement exam. Does the Assessment Center make accommodations for people with disabilities?
- Do you have study guides for the Accuplacer?
When are you open for placement testing?Visit the Testing Center website to view hours.
Can I use a calculator for the math portion of the Accuplacer?Please do not bring a calculator. A calculator is provided for many of the questions on the Elementary Algebra section of the Accuplacer.
Do I have to take the Accuplacer placement test?According to the Statewide Remedial Education Policy, all degree/certificate seeking students must assess in mathematics, English and reading. If you have completed one of the following, no additional assessment is required:
- Scored a 19 or higher on the ACT Mathematics section, an 18 or higher on the ACT English and a 17 or higher on the ACT Reading section.
- Scored 430 or higher on the SAT Verbal for Reading, a 440 or higher on the SAT Verbal for English and a 460 or higher on the SAT Mathematics
- Scored 85 or higher on the Accuplacer Elementary Algebra test, a 95 or higher on the Accuplacer Sentence Skills test and an 80 or higher on the Reading Comprehension Test.
- Successfully completed (C or higher/Satisfactory completion) a college-level mathematics and college level writing course.
- Accuplacer scores are valid for a period of 3 years from the date taken.
How many times can I take the Accuplacer placement test?For more information please see the Accuplacer Retest Policy.
What do my placement test scores mean?The total right score shows how many of the questions you could expect to answer correctly if you took a test made up of 120 questions. It is imperative that you sit down with an advisor after completing the Accuplacer. Your advisor will go over the score report and talk about classes that are a good fit for you based upon your test results.
What are my options if I score below 40 in Reading, below 50 in Sentence Skills, or below 40 in Arithmetic on the Accuplacer?Prior to enrolling at Aims Community College, you will need to build your skills in English, Reading and/or Math. You have a couple of options available to you:
- Visit the Aims Academic Pathways Office website or call at (970) 339-6665.
- Right to Read, located in Greeley, Colorado, also offers services to help adults gain skills in English, Reading and/or Math. Right to Read's services are offered at a low cost. They can be reached at 970-352-7323.
- The Grove Neighborhood Network is open Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. They can be reached at (970) 304-9636.