Do I have to take the Accuplacer placement test?
According to Statewide Remedial Education Policy, all degree- and certificate-seeking
students must assess in mathematics, English and reading. This policy can be accessed
If you have accomplished one of the following, no additional assessment is required:
- Scored a 19 or higher on the ACT mathematics section, an 18 or higher on the ACT English
and a 17 or higher on the ACT reading section.
- Scored 430 or higher on the SAT verbal for reading, a 440 or higher on the SAT verbal
for English and a 460 or higher on the SAT mathematics
- Scored 85 or higher on the Accuplacer elementary algebra test, a 95 or higher on the
Accuplacer sentence skills test and an 80 or higher on the reading comprehension test.
- Successfully completed ("C" or higher/satisfactory completion) a college-level mathematics
and college-level writing course
- Successfully completed an A.A., A.S., bachelor’s or master’s degree from a regionally
accredited college or university.
Coursework not completed at Aims must have been completed within the last 10 years.
ACT, SAT and Accuplacer scores are valid for three years from the date of testing.