View hours by Campus
Greeley Testing Center
College Center 230 (2nd Floor)
5401 W. 20th Street
Greeley, CO 80634
phone: (970) 339-6533
fax: (970) 506-6920
Accuplacer Preparation Information
You are strongly encouraged to prepare for the Accuplacer so that the exam correctly reflects your placement in reading comprehension, mathematics, and English.
There are a number of ways to prepare for the Accuplacer Placement Exam:
- Hardcopies of the Accuplacer study guides/practice tests
can be found in the Assessment area at each campus.
- Visit the Accuplacer
Study Guides for additional study guides and practices
- Do a Google or Yahoo search. Type in Accuplacer Practice.
Tips for taking the Accuplacer Placement Exam:
- Come to your test session prepared…and relaxed.
Please keep in mind that this particular placement exam was
designed to help you succeed in your courses. The score or
scores you obtain from the Accuplacer will help you and your
advisor determine which classes are most appropriate for
your present level of skills.
- As we recommend with all of our testing services, get plenty of rest and eat properly before coming in to take the Accuplacer. This will help you concentrate better on your test(s).
- Read all on-screen instructions/directions carefully.
- As an adaptive test, Accuplacer questions are selected
for you based upon your answers to previous questions. Thus,
you must answer every question. You will not be allowed to
skip a question or go back to a previous one. When you are
having difficulty answering a question, try to eliminate
one or more of the choices. Then pick one of the remaining
- Testing Rules and Regulations
- Notebooks, textbooks, cell phones, calculators, and dictionaries are not permitted in the assessment room. Scratch paper for the math will be provided by the Testing Center.
- Any student who gives or receives help during the test or uses a cell phone, calculator, notes or books will not be allowed to continue the test.
- Following your test session, no assessment material
or notes can be removed from the Testing Center.
- Your Accuplacer scores and any other information you provide
will be used by Aims for advising and placement purposes.
It may also be used by Aims Community College and the College
Board for research purposes.
- The Accuplacer placement test consists of the following
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Skills
- Elementary Algebra
- College Level Math