College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) and the DSST Subject Standardized Tests (DSST)
The Testing Center at Aims Community College offers both the College-Level Examination
Program (CLEP) and the DSST Subject Standardized Tests (DSST). Both programs give
you the opportunity to obtain college credit for learning obtained outside the conventional
college or university classroom.
An individual would take the CLEP or the DSST for a number of reasons:
- To test out of introductory classes
- To get credit for what you already know
- To shorten the time to get your degree or certificate
- To save on tuition fees
Taking the CLEP or DSST:
Call for times and information: (970) 339-6533
Cost for CLEP & DSST:
- CLEP – Please register for your exam prior to coming to test at http://clep.collegeboard.org/exam. You can find exam prices on the CLEP website. Please bring your voucher to the Testing
Center. You will not be able test without the voucher. Aims charges a $25 proctoring
fee at the time of testing.
- DSST - $80 payable by credit card only, plus a $25 proctoring fee to Aims
Preparing for the CLEP & DSST:
All CLEP & DSST exams are administered on the computer. CLEP & DSST tests cover subjects
taught in courses that the majority of students take in their first two years of college.
Most tests are 90 minutes in length. Please see the CLEP & DSST Frequently Asked Questions for a list of all the exams.
To Obtain Credit for Taking the CLEP or DSST:
- Be sure to check CLEP & DSST policies at institutions where you want the score reports