View hours by Campus
Greeley Testing Center
College Center 230 (2nd Floor)
5401 W. 20th Street
Greeley, CO 80634
phone: (970) 339-6533
fax: (970) 506-6920
The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
About the TEAS (V):
The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is a diagnostic test that we administer to individuals who are interested in our Nursing Program. It is a prerequisite requirement for Fall 2012 application to the Nursing Program. The purpose of the TEAS is to help assist the Nursing Department in evaluating your academic and test taking skills. Specifically it is designed to provide assessment data regarding a student’s overall academic preparedness for nursing related content. The TEAS is a computerized test and takes approximately 209 minutes to complete. Please note that this is a timed test. You are allowed a certain amount of minutes per subtest.
The TEAS is a 170-item, four subject, and multiple-choice assessment. To prepare in an organized and efficient manner, please note the test contains 4 subtests:
- Reading – (48 questions, 58 minutes)
- Mathematics – (34 questions, 51 minutes) NOTE: Calculators are not allowed.
- Science – (54 questions, 66 minutes)
- English and Language Usage – (34 questions, 34 minutes)
Required minimum scores for Fall 2012 Nursing Applicants:
- Composite score (number of questions answered correctly/total number of questions on the assessment): 58.7%
- Reading score: 69.0%
NOTE: TEAS V results earned between June 6, 2013 and March 28, 2014 will be accepted for Fall 2014 consideration if they meet or exceed the established Fall 2014 scores. Interested applicants may take the TEAS V test a maximum of ONE time between June 6, 2013 and January 28, 2014. If the TEAS V is taken at a site other than Aims CC, official, verifiable results from that site and/or ATI must be submitted to Aims Community College Nursing Office no later than March 28, 2014.
Preparation for the TEAS Exam:
Two products are available from the Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI) to help as you prepare for the TEAS Assessment:
- Students can purchase the official TEAS study manual at www.atitesting.com/onlinestore or by calling 1-800-667-7531.
The study manual is written specifically to address the needs of students preparing to take the TEAS or those who need additional help after assessing.
- The TEAS Online Practice Assessment is also available at www.atitesting.com/onlinestore or by calling 1-800-667-7531.
The TEAS Online Practice Assessment is available for students desiring additional TEAS preparation material.
- Many practice tests and study guides can also be found online for the TEAS. Go to Google or Yahoo and type in TEAS practice.
Testing is by appointment only. Please call Aims Community College, Assessment Department at (970) 339-6533 to schedule an appointment.
Proctoring Fee: $45.00
Non-Aims Students: $75.00