Advancing Academic Achievement (AAA)
AAA 109 is a class that assists students with learning techniques to enhance college
success. It is recommended for new and returning students.
Course topics include:
- education and career planning
- effective communication
- personal management
- critical and creative thinking
- development of community and awareness of diversity
- techniques for successful academic performance
Why should you take AAA109?
- Explore careers and majors offered at Aims.
- Improve your grades (students who take this class do better academically).
- Save time and money by knowing which classes to take for your degree plan.
- Learn the “unwritten” rules of college.
- Improve personal management skills including money management, time management and
- Increase motivation and success.
- Receive support and guidance during your first year in college.
And if those aren't enough reasons:
- More than 95% of AAA students said they knew how to study, take notes and read academic
textbooks after taking AAA.
- The Fall to Spring retention rate for students who enroll in AAA is 76% compared to
63% for all new students.
- More than 95% of AAA students said they know how to plan their coursework to graduate
after taking AAA.
AAA classes are available in these formats:
- Traditional Face-to-Face
Talk to your advisor about this excellent opportunity!