Aims EMS Department has decided to cancel Summer 2020 EMT classes due to the uncertainty
resulting from the COVID-19 virus.
Affective July 1st: Aims EMS department is no longer accepting applications for Fall
How do I begin an exciting career as an Emergency Medical Technician?
Becoming an EMT student at Aims is a multiple step process. Contact the EMS Department
(firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions along the way.
Begin by watching the online 'EMT Orientation' video and then follow the steps below:
- Apply to Aims Community College.
- Activate your 'MyAims' and Aims email (@aims.edu) accounts.
- Download the 'EMT Program Information Packet' and 'EMT Program Information Session Signature forms'.
- All Immunizations, background check and CPR prerequisites are due three business days prior to the first day of classes for that semester.
- Ex: Fall 2020 semester begins August 24th. All prerequisites for fall semester are
due no later than August 18th.
- A list of these prerequisites is in the 'EMT Program Information Packet'
- Complete the 'EMT Program Information Session Signature forms' then email them to
- An email with directions to register for classes and a link for a background check
request will be sent to your Aims email (@aims.edu) account.
- Apply for Financial Aid (if applicable).
- Remember to apply early for more opportunities to qualify for grants, loans and work
- We recommend reviewing the list of scholarships Aims offers to see what you may qualify for.