How do I get into a Nurse Aide/CNA Class?
- A current application (less than one year) submitted to Admissions and Records is
required prior to registration and attending Nurse Aide orientation. Current students
or students who have attended Aims within the last year do not need to reapply.
- Proof of reading assessment: the reading requirement can be met with documentation
of one of the following:
- A.A./A.S. degree or higher
- College level English class with a grade “C” or better
- ACT reading score of 17 and/or SAT verbal score of 470 or higher within the last three
- Accuplacer reading score of 62 or higher within the last three years. Testing Center
- Attend an orientation where you will receive registration information, as well as important information
on class requirements.
- Select the Nurse Aide class you want based on date and time following orientation.
Coursework not completed at Aims Community College must have been completed within
the last 10 years. ACT, SAT, and Accuplacer scores are valid for three years from
the date of testing.
****Registration for classes is on a first come first serve basis. The order you arrive
to orientation is the order you register in at the end of orientation.****