Student Learning Outcomes
Upon graduation with an Associate in Applied Sciences degree with a Nursing major,
the graduate will demonstrate the following competencies and be eligible to apply
to take the NCLEX-RN.
- Engage in critical thinking and clinical reasoning to make patient-centered care decisions.
- Provide safe, quality, evidence-based, patient-centered nursing care in a variety
of healthcare settings to diverse patient populations across the lifespan.
- Implement quality measures to improve patient care.
- Assimilate professional, legal, and ethical guidelines in practice as a professional
- Promote a culture of caring to provide holistic, compassionate, culturally-competent
- Participate in collaborative relationships with members of the interprofessional team,
the patient, and the patient's support persons.
- Provide leadership in a variety of healthcare settings for diverse patient populations.
- Use information management principles, techniques, and systems, and patient care technology
to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate error, and support decision-making.