Student Campus COVID Protocols
To help promote a healthy and safe environment, Aims Community College has established the following protocols for all students, prospective students and visitors while on campus. These guidelines are based on information obtained from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, and the Weld County Department of Health and Environment. The protocols are expected to be followed without exception. Failure to comply with these protocols will result in a dismissal from campus.
In all outlined COVID-19 scenarios the Dean of Students will instruct the student stays home and recommend student contacts their physician.
Students must use this form to report symptoms, possible exposure, or a positive COVID-19 test result.
All individuals entering campus buildings will be required to report to an Aims Check-In Station each day to receive approval for entering buildings.
Check in Station Protocol
- Individuals must wear a mask upon arrival at the check-in station and anywhere indoors. It must also be worn if you will be within 3-feet of anyone outdoors.
- Individuals must have either their Aims ID badge or proof of picture identification.
- Individuals will no longer have their temperature checked but are encouraged to self-monitor and stay home ifs they have a temperature above 100.4 degrees.
- Individuals cleared to enter will be issued a wristband daily. Wristbands are valid for day of issue only.
- Buildings college-wide will have one main entry. All other exits will be for emergency use only.
- Individuals will not be allowed to enter the Campus Buildings or return to campus if exhibiting symptoms endemic of COVID-19 or if they have been in known contact with someone exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms or diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Individuals who have tested COVID-19 positive, or report any symptom of COVID-19, should not return to the campus until they are free of all symptoms for at least 72 hours, without the use of any medication that might mask symptoms (i.e. fever-reducing medicine, cough medicine, etc.). Some situations may require clearance from a medical provider.
Check-In Station Locations
View the most current information on check in station locations and hours.
Personal Health and Hygiene Guidelines
- All individuals within campus buildings are encouraged to wash their hands frequently.
- Limit access to others when possible – practice social distancing.
- Establish a 3-foot clearance around all front desk/reception locations, if applicable, to assist with the practice of social distancing.
Traveled Recently or Considering Travel
Individuals taking personal travel should adhere to CDC and local health department guidelines.
Student Counseling Resources
If you are experiencing anxiety about current events or coming to campus please contact Dr. Richard Hanks at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 970-339-6223, or visit Counseling Services & Crisis Response on the Aims Community College Website.
How to Protect Yourself and Others
- Protecting yourself and others is critical to maintaining a healthy community. Please visit CDC guidance on important steps to protecting yourself and others.
If You Become Symptomatic While on Campus:
- All individuals are required to go home immediately and report to the Dean of Students and Campus Safety and Security if they begin to feel ill while on campus.
- All individuals who or may have come into contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 or who is exhibiting symptoms are required to report to email@example.com.