Main Content Area

Registration and Records

Grades FAQ

This page provides answers to common questions students and parents might have about grades at Aims. Click on the links below to view the questions and answers for other student enrollment and records-related topics.

You can view your grades online:

  1. Go to myAims.
  2. Click on the 'myAims' icon.
  3. Enter your username and password.
  4. Click on the 'Student' tab.
  5. Select the current term in the 'Student Grades' box and click 'Go'.

Grades are not mailed out to students.

Instructors typically have three business days after the semester ends to post grades. So, if the semester ends on Friday, instructors have through Wednesday to enter final grades. You can check when final grades are due for each term by accessing the Academic Calendar. 

It is possible that your instructor incorrectly entered your grade. You should contact your instructor immediately. If there has been an error, your instructor can submit a grade change through their myAims portal. If instructors need help, they can email for assistance.

Grades are “pushed” onto the student transcript and the web by 10:30 p.m. every night. Your instructor may have entered the grade, but it isn’t viewable because the “push” has not happened. You may want to check the web after 10:30 p.m.. Another reason that your grade is not there may be that the instructor has not recorded your grade. If you have questions about if your grade has been entered, you can reach out to the instructor for clarification. If you need help, reach out to

Most instructors will post grades shortly after the class ends, while others submit their grades at the end of the semester. If you know you will need your grades earlier, please be sure to let your instructor know. After the course has finished and your instructor has had time to submit your final grade, log in to your myAims account and see that your grades are posted, request your official academic transcript be sent directly to the college to which you are transferring. If you need help, reach out to

In accordance with federal law, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), no one can access your academic record without written consent from you. If you want your parents (or other interested parties) to have access to your grades, you must fill out the Release of Confidentiality form specifying the information you want to have released. You can also print your grades from your online student account and share them with your parents. This form can be submitted to for processing.

A letter grade of “D” will count for your A.A. degree, but it will not transfer to another school.

A “D” will not count in an A.S. degree if it is received in any math, science, or computer science courses. The A.S. degree requires that students receive a “C” or better in these courses. Most A.A.S. degrees require that a student pass with a “D” or better; however, some courses require that a student pass with a “C” or better in order to move on to the next level course.

Generally, no, it will not transfer. However, if you have further questions about how a course will transfer to another institution, please reach out to that institution for confirmation. 

College courses are numbered 100 and above. If the course is below 100, then it is considered pre-college and does not count for your degree. They are also not used to calculate your GPA. Math is an exception. Students are required to take a math course numbered at 120 or higher to graduate with an A.A. degree. A math course numbered 121 or higher is required for the A.S. degree. Math courses numbered between 100 and 119 are calculated into the GPA and can possibly be used for certain A.A.S. degrees. Your Pathway Advisor can help you choose which math you need to meet graduation requirements.