Prepare for Transfer
Choosing your next college or university to complete your bachelor's degree can be exciting and overwhelming. It is an important decision, so taking a thoughtful and organized approach is important. There are several things you should consider and compare before selecting your next destination, and Transfer Services is here to help!
- Is your field of study available?
- Is the university accredited?
- How many students are on campus?
- What is the reputation?
- What is the faculty to student ratio?
- Is tutoring or supplement instruction available for upper-division classes?
- Will my credits transfer to satisfy degree requirements?
- Is there an articulation agreement between Aims and this university?
- What services are available for transfer students?
- How are my transfer credits evaluated?
- Will being a transfer student impact any eligibility for grants, scholarships or loans?
- Are there scholarships specifically for transfer students?
- What is the average student loan debt?
- What is the student loan default rate?
- Are work-study and student employment opportunities available?
- Are you required to live on-campus as a transfer student?
- What kinds of experiential learning opportunities are available?
- What types of clubs and organizations are on-campus?
- What student services are available to students?
You have invested time, money and hard work into completing your degree at Aims. Take advantage of the resources and help available to you to ensure your next school is the right fit to reach your long-term educational and career goals. A great way to start is by making an appointment with a Transfer Services Coach.