Aims101 - First-Year Seminar
AIMS101 First-Year Seminar is a free 8-week, non-credit, course recommended for all
new and transfer students.
AIMS101 will connect you to your college community! You will make friends, find study
partners and meet campus advocates and supporters. AIMS101 will also teach you about
the many resources available to you and prepare you for success at the college.
Spring 2019 schedule available in October!
Benefits of takings AIMS101:
- You will increase your on-campus support network by making meaningful and long-lasting
connections with your peers and Aims faculty/staff.
- You will be introduced to a multitude of on and off-campus resources designed to support
your transition into Aims
- You will learn more about ways to get involved on campus through clubs and organizations, Catalyst, ASACC, work study and volunteer opportunities.
- You will develop and strengthen your personal management skills including: time-management,
prioritization, materials organization, financial literacy and wellness.
- You will develop and strengthen your academic success habits including: personalized
note-taking system, active reading strategies and preferred learning style, navigating
Aims Online and approaches to cooperative learning.
- No outside homework or textbook/course materials to purchase
- Offered on all campuses and online
Need one more reason to take this free course? All students who meet eligibility requirements will be considered for a 3-credit tuition
scholarship upon completion of AIMS101 applicable to the summer or fall 2019 semester.
Have more questions?
Contact Katie Janssen