Before Your Advising
Advisors are available to meet with new students at any time, whether you are ready
to enroll in classes or if you just want a little more information about Aims. If
you would like to meet with an advisor to register for classes, we request that you
complete the following before your advising session:
- Submit an Aims application
- Attend an online New Student Orientation
- The online New Student Orientation will help you get started on a successful college
- It’s required if you are pursuing a degree or certificate, but all students are encouraged
- You can view it anytime, anywhere and at your own pace. Computer labs are available
on all campuses if you don't have internet access.
- Log into your myAims account and go to the New Student Orientation link on the student
- Complete any financial aid paperwork, if needed.
- Complete our assessment process
We ask new and returning students to bring all transcripts from other institutions
(unofficial copies are fine!) to your advising session. Be prepared to discuss your
work schedule and other obligations so we can best assist you.