The Tuition Appeals Committee will consider requests for adjustment to tuition and
fee charges when a student can document extenuating circumstances. Examples of circumstances
- Medical Reasons that prevented you from attending class and/or completing the requirements
of the course.
- Death in the immediate family.
- Change in Employment beyond students control.
- Other extenuating circumstances such as Natural Disaster.
- Impacted by COVID-19.
Please note: If your circumstance is due to an issue with an instructor, curriculum
or course instruction methods, please visit with the instructor, Department Chair,
advisor, or the appropriate Academic Dean before attempting this process.
Tuition Appeals submitted for semesters older than one year of age will be denied.
You should be aware that if a Tuition Appeal is submitted and you are a Financial
Aid, VA33 or other financial assistance recipient, the funding may be impacted and you
may potentially owe Aims Community College money.
Appeal forms and guidelines can be obtained by using the link below.
Please follow the below steps for filing a online Tuition Appeal:
- Review Tuition Appeal guidelines.
- Complete online Tuition Appeal form and upload all supporting documentation as set forth in the Tuition Appeals guidelines
into document upload tool.
- Click Submit to complete the request.
- Appeals are reviewed every two weeks.
- Once the Tuition Appeal committee has reached a decision, the student will be sent
an email stating the decision and action to be taken next by the college or the student.
An appeal of the final decision of the Appeal Committee may be made to the Dean of
Students IF the student has extenuating circumstances that includes confidential information
(e.g. personal, medical, etc); or can not, or will not document the circumstances
thru the original appeals. The student needs to complete the Tuition Appeals Process first.
- If Tuition Appeal is “Approved”, the student’s tuition account will be adjusted accordingly.
- If Tuition Appeal is “Pending additional documentation”, the committee is requesting additional documentation in order to make a final decision.
The student will have 30 days to submit the additional documentation or the appeals
will be denied.
- If Tuition Appeal is “Denied”, a student can request for the Tuition Appeal to be reconsidered by the committee
if the student can supply additional documentation to support the circumstances.
Appeals can be submitted by paper by using the Printable version. Paper submissions
can be submitted in several ways:
- Fax appeal form and all documentation to 970-506-6952
- Mail form via USPS to
- Aims Community College, Attn: Cashier office, P.O. Box 69, Greeley, CO, 80632
- iphone, tablet, scanner or other photo tool - Take pictures of the completed form
and each page of documentation and email the images to our office. Email address is