Student Mediation, Assistance and Advocacy Program (MAAP)
If a student has a complaint, issue, concern or problem with a college employee or
department, another student or an instructional situation, the first step is to contact
the Student Mediation, Assistance and Advocacy Program (MAAP) office, located in the
Student Leadership and Development office in the College Center, Room 130. The MAAP
office is charged with assisting students and resolving their issues informally.
The MAAP office can provide the following services:
- Describe, explain and advise students about the process they should use if a situation
occurs in which they seeking guidance.
- Conduct an intake of the relevant information and complaint.
- Assist students if an advocacy situation exists.
- Assist students in interpreting and applying proper procedures as is appropriate and
navigate the college system.
- Provide information for all students about their rights and responsibilities.
- Provide mediation services student to student, or student to employee, as appropriate.
- Refer students to college resources or community resources as necessary.
For more information on MAAP contact:
Executive Director of Student Leadership and Development
(970) 339-6450 or submit the electronic form provided below:
Student Complaint Reporting Form