Student Mediation, Assistance and Advocacy Program (MAAP)
If a student has a complaint, issue, concern or problem with a college employee or
department, another student or an instructional situation, the first step is to contact
the Student Mediation, Assistance and Advocacy Program (MAAP) office, located in the
Student Activities, Inclusion & Leadership office in the College Center, Room 131.
The MAAP office is charged with assisting students and resolving their issues informally.
The MAAP office can provide the following services:
- Describe, explain and advise students about the process they should use if a situation
occurs in which they seeking guidance.
- Conduct an intake of the relevant information and complaint.
- Assist students if an advocacy situation exists.
- Assist students in interpreting and applying proper procedures as is appropriate and
navigate the college system.
- Provide information for all students about their rights and responsibilities.
- Provide mediation services student to student, or student to employee, as appropriate.
- Refer students to college resources or community resources as necessary.
For more information on MAAP contact:
Student Activities, Inclusion & Leadership Office at
(970) 339-6450. To schedule a MAAP meeting, please submit the electronic form provided
Student Complaint Reporting Form
Additional Resources for Complainants