Disability Access Services (DAS) Rights & Responsibilities
Following is a list of Disability Access Services (DAS) rights and responsibilities
regarding disability accommodations.
- To inform the student of the process for obtaining and maintaining services
- To collect, evaluate and house disability documentation for each student
- To determine student eligibility for accommodations. The institution reserves the
right to determine the appropriateness of submitted documentation and requests for
accommodation(s) on a case-by-case basis, utilizing the professional judgment of the
DAS staff. Additional information may be requested to determine eligibility for services.
- To collaborate with student and instructor to determine and arrange appropriate accommodations
for assessments and courses
- To advocate needs, rights and responsibilities of students
- To make referrals for on campus and within the community and act as a liaison for
Relevant information regarding the student's disability may be shared with those who
have a legitimate educational interest.