In order to remain financial aid eligible, students must progress steadily toward completion of their academic program. Students must maintain at least a 2.0 grade point average AND complete 67 percent of the credits they have attempted while working toward graduation. Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) is checked at the time the FAFSA is received and at the end of each academic term.
1) Print your Degree Audit from Degree works showing all required courses you need to complete your academic program at Aims Community College. All remedial and prerequisite courses will be included.
2) Print a completion certificate(s) after watching a Student Lingo session(s).
3) Complete a typed statement explaining the qualifying extenuating circumstances that led to your failure to meet SAP standards referencing all terms for which you did not maintain SAP. Include a detailed plan for the corrective action(s) you are taking to ensure a successful completion of your current academic program as outlined in your Degree Audit. Include in your personal statement how the knowledge gained from watching Student Lingo session(s) will help you be a successful student.
If you are completing an appeal for maximum credits also detail your goals and explain why you have not met graduation requirements and have exceeded the allowable number of credits for your degree.
4) Supporting documentation to support your extenuating circumstances mentioned in your appeal (i.e. copies of medical bills, letter from doctor, police report, death certificate, etc.)
5) Obtain a SAP appeal form from the Financial Aid office. A Financial Aid staff member will visit with you about your SAP standing and direct you to your next steps.
|Financial Aid Year||Appeal Deadline||Results Due|
|Spring 1819||Monday, April 8, 2019
Last day to appeal for spring
|April 17, 2019|
|Summer 1819||Monday, April 22, 2019||May 1, 2019|
|Summer 1819||Monday, May 13, 2019||May 22, 2019|
|Summer 1819||Monday, May 20, 2019||May 29, 2019|
|Summer 1819||Tuesday, May 28, 2019||June 5, 2019|
|Summer 1819||Monday, June 10, 2019||June 19, 2019|
Monday, June 24, 2019
Last day to appeal for summer
|July 3, 2019|
|Fall 1920||Monday, July 8, 2019||July 17, 2019|
|Fall 1920||Monday, July 22, 2019||July 31, 2019|
|Fall 1920||Monday, August 5, 2019||August 14, 2019|
|Fall 1920||Monday, August 19, 2019||August 28, 2019|
|Fall 1920||Monday, August 26, 2019||September 4, 2019|