In order to remain financial aid eligible, students must progress steadily toward completion of their academic program. Students must maintain at least a 2.0 grade point average AND complete 67 percent of the credits they have attempted while working toward graduation. Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) is checked at the time the FAFSA is received and at the end of each academic term.
1) Print your Degree Audit from Degree works showing all required courses you need to complete your academic program at Aims Community College. All remedial and prerequisite courses will be included.
2) Print a completion certificate(s) after watching a Student Lingo session(s).
3) Complete a typed statement explaining the qualifying extenuating circumstances that led to your failure to meet SAP standards referencing all terms for which you did not maintain SAP. Include a detailed plan for the corrective action(s) you are taking to ensure a successful completion of your current academic program as outlined in your Degree Audit. Include in your personal statement how the knowledge gained from watching Student Lingo session(s) will help you be a successful student.
If you are completing an appeal for maximum credits also detail your goals and explain why you have not met graduation requirements and have exceeded the allowable number of credits for your degree.
4) Supporting documentation to support your extenuating circumstances mentioned in your appeal (i.e. copies of medical bills, letter from doctor, police report, death certificate, etc.)
5) Obtain a SAP appeal form from the Financial Aid office. A Financial Aid staff member will visit with you about your SAP standing and direct you to your next steps.
|Financial Aid Year||Appeal Deadline||Results Due|
|Spring 18-19||Monday, December 17, 2018||January 2, 2019|
|Spring 18-19||Monday, January 7, 2019||January 16, 2019|
|Spring 18-19||Monday, January 14, 2019||January 23, 2019|
|Spring 18-19||Tuesday, January 22, 2019||January 30, 2019|
|Spring 18-19||Monday, February 11, 2019||February 20, 2019|
|Spring 18-19||Monday, February 25, 2019||March 6, 2019|
|Spring 18-19||Monday, March 11, 2019||March 20, 2019|
|Spring 18-19||Monday, March 25, 2019||April 3, 2019|
|Spring 18-19||Monday, April 8, 2019
Last day to appeal for spring
|April 17, 2019|