ATTENTION 2019 COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY PARTICIPANTS
Cap & Gown pick-up is the week of April 29 - May 3, 2019 at the Bookstore during regular
Bookstore hours are:
Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
If you have questions about your eligibility to graduate, walk at commencement, and/or
receive honors-related regalia, please contact the Student Enrollment & Records Office at
INFORMATION FOR FACULTY
- Please be at the Budweiser Events Center (BEC) on Friday, May 10, 2019 by 4:15 p.m.
- Enter through the main door on the southwest corner of the BEC, then take the set
of stairs to your right, past the box office windows, down to the lower level. There
is also an elevator on the west side of the lobby that will take you to the lower
level. Volunteers will be there to direct you to the faculty staging area. Please
wait in this area for further instructions.
- The ceremony will begin promptly at 5 p.m.
- Please do not leave anything of value in the room as it will not be secured.
- All faculty will sit in a special section on the floor behind the graduates and will
participate in the processional and recessional.
- For faculty who rented regalia, please make sure you return all regalia (including
cap/tassel), at the close of the ceremony at the regalia return table on the lower
level of the BEC before leaving. The regalia is picked up at the BEC by the rental
company following the ceremony.
INFORMATION FOR GUESTS
The Budweiser Events Center will follow their regular procedures for those entering
the venue therefore, purses/bags will be searched and noise makers or helium balloons
will not be allowed into the venue. The concession stands will not be open for this
event. Following the ceremony, please make arrangements to meet graduates outside
of the event center or on the concourse level of the event center, NOT in the lobby
area, which is the area you first entered the event center.
For more information about the Commencement Ceremony, stop by the Student Activities,
Inclusion & Leadership office in Room 131 of the College Center, call (970) 339-6450
or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact the Student Activities, Inclusion & Leadership office to arrange any
special accommodations needed at the Commencement Ceremony.
INFORMATION FOR GRADUATES
Ceremony Conduct Agreement
By participating in the Commencement Ceremony, you agree to observe the following
- Commencement is intended to be a festive occasion celebrating the accomplishments
of our students. However, it is also ceremonial. Students are expected to remain in
their seats during the entire ceremony, unless utilizing the restrooms (inside the
staging area). Students are required to be in their seats for the address by our Commencement
speaker. Wandering around the floor of the event center and visiting with guests in
the stands is prohibited.
- It is particularly important that students respect their fellow students and the faculty,
administrators and guests who have come to witness and participate in the conferring
of their degrees. For this reason, graduates are expected to return to their seats
after they walk and remain there until all students have walked and the members of
the stage party have exited the stage. Please plan post-ceremony activities accordingly.
Student Check-in Between 3 - 4:15 p.m.
- Please have your cap and gown on at check-in.
- All graduates will line up in the staging area in the lower level of the Budweiser
Event Center. No family or friends will be allowed in the graduate check-in area.
- Be prepared to open your gowns for visual inspection. No backpacks allowed. Students
are encouraged to not bring bags, purses, etc., as there is no secure location to
store them and they are not allowed on the floor.
Regalia Approved Regalia (see drop-down menu below for allowed regalia)
- Aims welcomes the tasteful decorating of your mortar board. Please be respectful of
other graduates that may be sitting behind you. All decorations must be flat to the
top of the mortar board. Any decorations that raise the height will not be allowed
and will be asked to be removed.
- Students keep their regalia.
Photos will be taken at the ceremony by a professional photographer. You will receive
sample photos and information for ordering photos by mail or e-mail, depending on
the information you provide on your card. You are not obligated to purchase any photo
packages. Selfies will not be allowed to be taken on the stage area during the ceremony.
Sign language interpreting services provided by 24 Hour Sign Language Services.
For guests who are not able to attend in person,the ceremony will be live-streamed