The Ruffalo (CSI) College Student Inventory, is a questionnaire required for incoming
students. The results are used as a tool for discussion with your advisor. It is
part of a multiple measures approach.
Under a multiple measures approach, standardized testing is no longer the primary means of assessing if a student
is prepared for college-level coursework. Aims uses multiple measures to determine college-readiness, rather than sole reliance
on Accuplacer testing.
When considering class/course placement, multiple measures may be supplemented by
providing unofficial transcripts and/or score reports. The following scores are used
as guidance for college level placement in English and math courses.
- Reading Comprehension - 80
- Sentence Skills - 95
- Math - 85
Next-Generation - coming soon
***Before taking the Accuplacer, please speak with an advisor to determine if it is
- Reading - 17
- English - 18
- Math - 19
Taken before March 2016
- Critical Reading - 430
- Math - 460
Taken after March 2016
- Evidence-Based Reading and Writing - 470
- Math - 500
*scores are valid for three years
- College Transcripts**
- A college-level GT Pathways-approved English or Math course, completed with a C or
- Earned an A.A. or A.S. degree from a regionally accredited college.
**subject to evaluation of college staff.
- High School Transcript**
Overall GPA and high school English or math courses completed with a C or higher.
Scores no older than 2014
- Reasoning Through Language Arts - 165
- Mathematical Reasoning - 165
- Language Arts Reading - 15
- Language Arts Writing - 15
- Math - 15
- Language Arts Reading - 580
- Language Arts Writing - 560 plus 6 on the Writing Essay
- Math - 560
**scores are valid for 10 years